title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP for Raspberry pi

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Batleys
    • Jun 2011

Re: Asset UPnP for Raspberry pi

Spoon, ok thanks. Is it your intent to port the very useful navigation menu editor and renderer specific options into the Pi version. Both of these features I am very fond of and have used quite extensively on the Windows version. The navigation menu editor is a real Asset differentiator and is a great feature.

BTW Plug Player returns a -119 Directory Read error when it connects to the Pi version of Asset. the regular version of Asset works fine.
    Simon
    Last edited by Batleys; 12-15-2013, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• simes_pep
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2013

Hi, I need some help.

After successfully get Asset running on a Raspberry Pi, and then went and ran
      sudo apt-get update
      sudo apt-get upgrade
      sudo rpi-update
      to update my Pi (stupid move, in hindsight, should of left it alone)

Unfortunately now my mount to CIFs share containing the music tracks on my NAS doesn't work.

I get the following error

mount error(95): Operation not supported
      Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

I have the following in /etc/fstab
      //192.168.1.3/media /home/pi/nas cifs guest,_netdev 0 0

Asset is running but the /home/pi/nas directory has no entries, so nothing for Asset to access

Please help - either with corrections to my configuration or undoing the apt-get update, apt-get upgrade and rpi-upgrade processes.

Thanks,
      Simon.

Comment

• dvdr
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Sep 2008

Started a new tryout by setting up Raspbian (the NOOB default installation from the raspberry.org website)
        - used the installation link provided in the first post, followed the guide, there
        - no problems installing. Straight forward and easy
        - didn't even have to mount my NTFS USB drive, that holds the music (already mounted as /media/Music - "Music" was the name given to the drive when formatting it on my windows computer)

Some observations:

- Asset seems to scan the drive twice (after adding new files, after reboot), that was something, as far as I remember, we had under Windows some time during the development of Asset as well
        - can't get the option "Dynamic Playlist count" to set to different values (always stays at 50, not matter what you choose). Hint: after logging in as root, I opened the .bin-file, that should hold this configuration and did not see any value corresponding/indicating such a value. Is it just missing there or is it set somewhere else? It's in the in the Windows world...
        - in the Windows world, I was able to set a value for the number of entries displayed under "Playlist -> new albums" (I'd like to have more than 20 entries). Can't get that to work on the RPi, it's always 20
        - album art is screwed up quite often: some albums have the albumart of a completely different album (even from a different artist!). My album art is embedded as well as resident as folder.jpg in the album's folder. Maybe related to songbook on my iPhone??? Can't tell...
        - Links "restart Asset" and "rescan all" seem not to work on the setup webpage, nothing changes when clicking on them

Hope, this helps in developing it further :-)

Spoon, thanks for the work and have a merry christmas and a happy New Year!
        Last edited by dvdr; 12-20-2013, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• simes_pep
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by simes_pep
          Hi, I need some help.

sudo apt-get update
          sudo apt-get upgrade
          sudo rpi-update

Unfortunately now my mount to CIFs share containing the music tracks on my NAS doesn't work.

Asset is running but the /home/pi/nas directory has no entries, so nothing for Asset to access

Please help - either with corrections to my configuration or undoing the apt-get update, apt-get upgrade and rpi-upgrade processes.

Thanks,
          Simon.

One of the Engineers at work helped me out with this.

After sysadmin replaced the NAS, I can no longer mount the network share with sudo mount -t cifs //netgear.local/public /media/mountY -o uid=1000,iocharset=utf8,username="adam",password="password"...

Where someone had an issue with a mount -t command, "one has to add -sec=ntlm option. The problem (feature?) is introduced in recent kernels" which you get when you run the sudo apt-get update & sudo apt-get upgrade commands.

So the fstab entry needs to be revised to:

//192.168.1.3/media /home/pi/nas cifs guest,_netdev,sec=ntlm 0 0

where the ip address/directory is the main directory on your NAS for the music files.

In Asset you just need to add /home/pi/nas/Music which is the actual sub-directory for the music files.
          Asset is all back and scanning again.

So if you update your Pi with the latest Kernel and patches and the CIFS mounts stop working, make this change in fstab.

Enjoy,
          Simon

Comment

• dvdr
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Sep 2008

Addendum to my post above:

The USB HDD I am using is a Western Digital 1TB 2.5" hard drive, that is just USB powered. After 10 minutes of non-usage, it goes to sleep. The RPi was not shut off today, so when I came home, I could immediately browse my music and play some of it. Strangely enough, I discovered, that Asset UPnP did again start to re-index or at least check the music-folder for changes. How comes?

Comment

• simes_pep
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Dec 2013

One of the Engineers at work helped me out with this.

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions ... -smbclient

Where someone had an issue with a mount -t command, "one has to add -sec=ntlm option. The problem (feature?) is introduced in recent kernels" which you get when you run the sudo apt-get update & sudo apt-get upgrade commands.

So the fstab entry needs to be revised to:

where the ip address/directory is the main directory on your NAS for the music files.

In Asset you just need to add /home/pi/nas/Music which is the actual sub-directory for the music files.
              Asset is all back and scanning again.

So if you update your Pi with the latest Kernel and patches and the CIFS mounts stop working, make this change in fstab.

Enjoy,
              Simon

Comment

• simes_pep
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Dec 2013

The fix is to add sec=ntlm in the fstab entry, so it is now

The problem (feature?) is introduced in recent kernels, which you get after running the apt-get update/upgrade

All sorted now.

Comment

• simes_pep
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Dec 2013

Originally posted by simes_pep
                  Hi, I need some help.

sudo apt-get update
                  sudo apt-get upgrade
                  sudo rpi-update

Thanks,
                  Simon.
                  The fix is to add sec=ntlm in the fstab entry, so it is now

The problem (feature?) is introduced in recent kernels, which you get after running the apt-get update/upgrade

All sorted now. (and the fix associated with my original post in case others have this problem).

Comment

• simes_pep
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Dec 2013

Hi,
                    Just noticing something strange - I have a folder with a 100 tracks in it, in fact there are 5 folders for this 500-track Compilation album, however in the first folder containing tracks 1-100, the 100th track is represented and displayed as Track 11, displacing the rest of the tracks by 1, so track 11 is 12, 12 is 13 up to track 99 as 100.
                    101-200, 201-300, 301-400, 401-500 are all displayed correctly.
                    The Compilation is the Rolling Stone Magazine's Greatest 500 Tracks of All Time, so order is important.

Is this a bug in Asset?

Thanks,
                    Simon.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

You would have to check that the disc number is set correctly for all files.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• simes_pep
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Dec 2013

I have it (in dBPowerAmp & mp3tag) and the track is 100/500. There is no disc number for any of the 500 tracks, it is one long compilation. It didn't originate from CD, but was constructed from individual tracks.

Thanks,
                        Simon.
                        Last edited by simes_pep; 12-23-2013, 12:35 AM. Reason: Correction

Comment

• simes_pep
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Dec 2013

Ok, just checked with Foobar2000, to verify the conditions - so the track order is correct when the 'Album' is viewed in Album or Album Artist, it is incorrect when viewed by Folder (both in Naim's n-Stream and Foobar2000)

I have captured the screenshot, so hopefully you can see where the track go 10, 100, 11

Hope this helps.
                          Simon.
                          Last edited by simes_pep; 12-23-2013, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• simes_pep
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Dec 2013

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Asset on the pc does not have this issue?
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

>it is incorrect when viewed by Folder (both in Naim's n-Stream and Foobar2000)

Would this just use the filename for order? so your tracks would need padding with a zero to maintain the order ie '001' CD Ripper would not write that as 99 tracks are the maximum for the number of tracks on a single CD.
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>