title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cd ripper gives Error and does not rip CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old Codger
    • Oct 2013

Cd ripper gives Error and does not rip CD

I have recently purchased the software and successfully ripped about 400 CDs

Today I cannot rip more than 1 without getting Error, even though the track and artwork information comes up, and only by restarting my machine can I rip the next CD. I have reinstalled the s/w, added an addition USB CD drive but nothing lets me rip more than 1 without restarting.

I am running Win 8 on an HP laptop

Help please

A frustrated Old Codger!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Cd ripper gives Error and does not rip CD

What error message is shown?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Old Codger
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      What error message is shown?
      Where it normally reads Pass 1 it reads Error

Comment

• Old Codger
        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Old Codger
        Where it normally reads Pass 1 it reads Error
        As with all gremlins, this one is inconsistent. I noticed if I left it for a while, to answer the phone or to have lunch, it worked without rebooting. So by allowing 10 seconds between each mouse click, I have managed to rip 5 without incident. I propose to continue in this manner unless someone knows a quicker method

Will report back if another problem arises

Comment

• dtclarinet
          • Dec 2013

I cannot rip any cds now with dbpoweramp. It gives all errors (even with cds I've ripped successfully before). And I can rip the same cd with another program such as iTunes. So it's something with dbpoweramp. Here is the error info I get for each track.

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1' to 'K:\WAV ripped cdz\Felix Mendelssohn\Mendelssohn Symphony No. 3 and 4\01 Philharmonia Orchestra, Jano Sandor - Symphony No. 4 in A major ('Italian'), Op. 90; Allegro vivace.IGNORE'
          Wave: Error unable to open File 'K:\ripCDZ WAV\ALL\Felix Mendelssohn\Mendelssohn Symphony No. 3 and 4\01-Symphony No. 4 in A major ('Italian'), Op. 90; Allegro vivace.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
          mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'K:\ripCDZ MP3s\ALL\Felix Mendelssohn\Mendelssohn Symphony No. 3 and 4\01-Symphony No. 4 in A major ('Italian'), Op. 90; Allegro vivace.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
          Apple Lossless: Error unable to open File 'K:\ripCDZ AppleLossless\ALL\Felix Mendelssohn\Mendelssohn Symphony No. 3 and 4\01-Symphony No. 4 in A major ('Italian'), Op. 90; Allegro vivace.m4a' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

thanks for any help!!

PS I've used dbpoweram with success on dozens of albums. Even after I added two more cd readers, so three working at once, I had success for several sets of cds. Then it suddenly started giving these errors.
          Last edited by dtclarinet; 12-11-2013, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Wayne
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Aug 2002

When yotu rip using itunes is it to the same location? It looks like something is blocking the rippers access to that location.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Yes is drive K: a network share, browse to it with Windows File Explorer, if a password input box is shown, type the password and check the option [x] Remember
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>