title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Sharp Aquos Control Point Setting

Sharp Aquos Control Point Setting

I'm sharing this in case anyone has one of these TV's.

Apparently, the TV supports MP3 and WAV/LPCM; however it doesn't really work. It will show WAV files from Asset; but if you set a file format to be sent as LPCM or WAV; it *will* not show the file. Which makes no sense; unless Asset is sending the original extensions with files. So everything that's not already .WAV has to be sent as .mp3

I have written a simple control point override that will get stuff working with this TV.

Code:
    =SHARP-AQUOS
    [ForceToMP3]
    [NoForce]
    .mp3
    .wav

Re: Sharp Aquos Control Point Setting

Hi dewdude, I´ve got my .wma files playing using your Control Point, but they are playing at 50% speed, in other words, at the wrong speed. Weird!!

I´m going to try and play some files in .WAV, soon, but so far, mp3, flac, and .wav are not even listed ,and I get the message "No Data Available".

Question: Does the file have to have .WAV at the end of it i.e. "01 - MC Hammer - You Can´t Touch This.WAV" so that the TV lists the track, or we talking about files in .WAV format, with the Control Point you´ve noted as a standard. Can you also stream flac files?

At least I´m hearing sth. listed on the TV, but it sounds like their is sth. I´m doing wrong.

Re: Sharp Aquos Control Point Setting

Hi there, I realise that this thread is donkeys, but you can stream to your Aquos Quattron or any Sharp HD tv using a renderer called TVMOBiLi media servers. I found that Asset was too much for such a variety of devices, and so it wouldn´t stream properly in the Home Network to my Sharp Tv.

Sweet as a nut....the TVMOBiLi media server streams lush across the wired home network. At last I can relax by the fire and listen and watch my favourite media.