title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problem with Editing Metadata

Problem with Editing Metadata

This is my second post in a short period of time although i got along with db products very well in the first place. Sorry for that. :-) Here's my problem: especially with classical music there are often problems with the artist or interpreter. the wohle thing worked to my satisfaction until recently and there are no changes to the setting that i am aware of. but there must have been accidental changes i guess.

the metadata which is show in a light grey color in window actually is like i want to be... for example

2. Recitative. Jesus ging mit seinen Jüngern (with is only the title like i want it so be)

but then again the naming of the actual file is

2. Unknown Artist - Recitative. Jesus ging mit seinen Jüngern

now the task is to get rid ot the "unknown artist" in the name of the file... i was not able to solve this. thanks i advance for your kind help.

p.s.: my explanation would be more clearly if was able to post screenshots here. i am a newby to forum like these... i it not possible to post screenshots or did i just miss it?

Administrator

Re: Problem with Editing Metadata

For one of the files which shows unknown artist, right click >> Edit ID Tag

does it show the correct artist name?

exactly that is my problem. there is no artist set when do the right click on edit tag and that's fine. i just dont want cdripper to fill in "unknows artist" in the file name which it did not do until recently. i ripped 500 cds without that problem and now its there i dont know how i could have caused the problem.

on th other hand i ripped a pop album for a test without that problem.

Administrator

If there is no artist in the tag, then CD Ripper has not put it there, likely your player is adding (unknown artist)

to avoid that i just switched off all autostarts in indows so that no player (i am using vlc and WMP) is started. but the problem is still there.

Administrator

What naming string is used for CD Ripper (look at the lower left corner of CD ripper).

it says:

(Save in Dynamic Artist Folder)

like it always did. and cdripper does always add something when the artist domain is blank. if i erase the information there it adds a " - " to the title name in front of the actual title of the track. and with ONE, YES ONLY ONE cd i have it always adds "unknown artist" although the artist domain is blank.

Problem solved. i found it myself. you led my in the right direction. i have no clue how i could possibly have cause this but obviosly somehow i did.