title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dAP

Administrator

dAP

A name from the past, now being given a new future, I will just leave this here:

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: dAP

On which platforms?

Administrator

Windows, a headless version (upnp player) will be on linux.

There seems little point in doing a player on the MAC as everyone just uses iTunes...

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Windows, a headless version (upnp player) will be on linux.

There seems little point in doing a player on the MAC as everyone just uses iTunes...
    I was hoping for android

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    I was hoping for android
    Ditto. I was just thinking it would be cool to have a player from you that I could use on my 'droid. If you ever get the itch, I can drop a few suggestions for features...

Thanks for posting such informative content. It is extremely helpful for me.

The dAP seems very interesting, will it be compatible with openhome songcast? Or maybe the Renaissance will?
    Thanks!

This is fantastic news!

Administrator

It is not designed to be a UPnP player, renaissance is a upnp player (see beta section of this forum).

Long Live dAP!! I still use dBpowerAMP-r3-beta6. Hands Down, The best player ever!

Hey Spoon, I'm looking over in the beta section, but don't see a thread on dAP. Is there a beta version available?

Administrator

Not yet.

Hi Spoon,

Just checking to see if there is an update on the dAP. If there's another thread to follow regarding this, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Sheep

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Not yet.
    Hi there,

I just completed reading of 427 posts in http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...oper*post98212 named "Asset Control Discussions".

I was wondering that your last entry there was on 30 Mar 2013, one day after when you indicated under the "Asset Conrtol" thread that "Asset Control is getting closer to release now", and this thread was started about a half year later.

Is "dAP" the final product name of the former "Asset control" or are there significant differences ?

Is my opinion correct that UPnP is a framework with a minimum of identical features on which all manufacturers agreed upon and the majority of advanced functions is offered in a different way by the various hardware manufacturers ? The common sense of the a.m. discussion thread seemed to me that not even the steps of a conversation between a control point and any renderer is not generally agreed upon, but may only be found out reliably if traced by a conversation dump, isn't it (at least frustrating for a software manufacturer) ?

In which quarter / year the final release should take place ?

If the answer to my 1st question is "YES", I think there will be many future clients who are awaiting an realistic answer as to a final release date.

Thank you in advance,

Niko

Administrator

dAP and asset control would be separate, although they would contain a common base code.