title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Remove id tags from wav files

Question Remove id tags from wav files

Is there a way to convert wav files I have ripped using dbpoweramp to wav files without id tags embedded and retain the audio quality?

I have read many threads on this forum that detail how to resolve the issue for ripping but I am wondering if there is an easy fix for the large volume of CD's I have already ripped using dbpoweramp...many of the CD's are not in my possession any more.

Would converting from wav to wav with the "Wave ID Tagging" set to none work without compromising audio integrity/quality?

I'm also curious why the dbpoweramp default would be to embed id tags in wav files as a default when there is a conflict with this format for many players? I would rather the song play correctly than the track name or album art appear!

Any help would be a appreciated,

Robert

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Remove id tags from wav files

ID Tag Update codec has a Remove All ID-Tags option.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-utility.htm

Administrator

Re: Remove id tags from wav files

> there is a conflict with this format for many players?

There are only a handful of players, and the bug is in the player (it is a serious bug that the player will play areas which are marked as non-audio as audio).