title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Batch Ripper - newbie questions

Re: Batch Ripper - newbie questions

Well, I'm happy for the gurus to argue over the details.

The facts are that the specific actions I took (un-install, clean the registry, re-install) solved the problem. And it is the cleaning the registry which is the key factor here. The un-install and re-install had been done several times before with absolutely no effect - the reg clean was the only difference. And I have not changed the compatibility of the either program at all.

Whether the installation routines access any of these registry keys or not, it is hard to argue that they did not have an effect on batch being able to call converter.

I'm just happy to have fixed it.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Keironbrown View Post
    Well, I'm happy for the gurus to argue over the details.

The facts are that the specific actions I took (un-install, clean the registry, re-install) solved the problem. And it is the cleaning the registry which is the key factor here. The un-install and re-install had been done several times before with absolutely no effect - the reg clean was the only difference. And I have not changed the compatibility of the either program at all.

Whether the installation routines access any of these registry keys or not, it is hard to argue that they did not have an effect on batch being able to call converter.

I'm just happy to have fixed it.
    Well we can say *that in your case* this was true. But then again, there are thousands of other users (including me) who have installed (and reinstalled) this on winXP, win7, etc. and batch ripper worked perfectly without having to clean the registry. So your problem was perhaps idiosyncratic rather than a common bug. Computers are odd things that often have idiosyncratic problems. But i'm pleased to hear all is working as expected now.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Well we can say *that in your case* this was true. But then again, there are thousands of other users (including me) who have installed (and reinstalled) this on winXP, win7, etc. and batch ripper worked perfectly without having to clean the registry. So your problem was perhaps idiosyncratic rather than a common bug. Computers are odd things that often have idiosyncratic problems. But i'm pleased to hear all is working as expected now.
    Amen to that.