title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

21 Day Free Trial of R14

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xley
    • Sep 2013

21 Day Free Trial of R14

I have downloaded the latest version from the illustrate website for the 21 day free trial to my Dell Pc running windows Vista Home Premium.

When I try to set up dBpoweramp following the guide on the website, the software will not permit me to set the DSP options nor will it permit me to configure the CD Ripper options. It tells me that I need at a minimum the Powerpack version in order to set the DSP options and in the case of the CD Ripper the only option it offers is the Burst option.

So it looks like I do not have access to the Reference version, does the software think I have the Free version?.

I have tried uninstalling the software and downloading it again only to get the same result, so my question is how do I get the trial to work?
    Last edited by xley; 09-11-2013, 12:00 PM. Reason: correcting a typo.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: 21 Day Free Trial of R14

If you have never run any previous version of dBpoweramp (ie the trial has not already been used), then change the account it runs in to administrator, install, then change back, this should activate the trial.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xley
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      If you have never run any previous version of dBpoweramp (ie the trial has not already been used), then change the account it runs in to administrator, install, then change back, this should activate the trial.
      Thank you for your prompt and helpful reply.

I have done as you suggested, it has worked, and I have run my first test of the software. Looks good so far.

Comment

• waltop
        • Dec 2013

I have the same problem running the trial version on Windows 7.
        I cannot change the ripper option (burst only is available) album art search in the web are also not available (Reference or Power pack is required).

I didn't undrestand your suggestion to change the account, could you please tell me step by step, what to do in windows 7?
        Just to give you all the info, I have already ripped a couple of cd's.

thanks for your support
        Last edited by waltop; 12-17-2013, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>