title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PerfectTUNES R1.5 BETA Discussions

Administrator

PerfectTUNES R1.5 BETA Discussions

Discussions for the new R1.5 beta

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: PerfectTUNES R1.5 BETA Discussions

The issue of ignoring album tag field content within parentheses seems solved - thanks very much for that!

But I still have many albums that can't be checked, apparently because PerfectTunes only checks the AR2 database and not the AR1 database, and many of my discs appear to only be in AR1 and not AR2. To significantly improve the usefulness of the AR portion of this tool, please consider something like a fallback check - if a disc is not found the the AR2 database, then check it against the AR1 database. I don't think that complicates anything for the user in looking at results, since any AR match that would appear would be for only one of the two AR databases.

Administrator

ARv1 crcs are checked also, if you click match details for tracks which match you can see something like:

Track 1: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 10, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv1 CRC 9835B30A]

Hello Spoon,

I'm using the beta version of PerfectTUNES 1.5 De-Dup and I can not get it to hide matches that have 3 or more files listed. It will hide them initially but then when I reload the program they will be listed again. If the match is only two files they seem to stay hidden.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but figured I would let you know.

AllisterFiend

P.S. Thank you for this program, it looks great and has saved me countless hours of trying to locate duplicates on my own...who knew I had so many dups!

Administrator

Noted

Really like this PerfectTUNES but i wonder if you could add a option for automatically saving a AR log directly into a checked album folder.
    Last edited by Barough; 01-05-2014 at 02:18 AM.

My Windows 2008 R2 server crashed unceremoniously while running dedupe, about 1/3 of the way through my 37k track library. Nothing in the application or system logs, but this file was created at about the same time as the last entry in the system and application logs:

'C:\Users\Administrator.CENTRALE.000\AppData\Roami ng\PerfectTUNES!ProcessingErrors.txt'

The file contained this when I looked at it this morning, when it had a last modified stamp from yesterday evening:

Error Unable to Process Audio File, is Corrupted? 'D:\Media\Music\ArtistAlbums\Badi Assad\Dança das Ondas\Badi Assad - 05 - Vrap.flac'
    Error Unable to Process Audio File, is Corrupted? 'D:\Media\Music\ArtistAlbums\Erik Truffaz\FaceaFace 12\002 Gedech.flac'

I restarted the server and perfecttunes dedupe this morning. The dedupe resumed and a new line has since been added to ProcessingErrors.txt without any impact to the running program:

Error Unable to Process Audio File, is Corrupted? 'D:\Media\Music\ArtistAlbums\Keith Jarrett\Radiance, Disc 1\Keith Jarrett - 07 - Radiance, Pt. 7.flac'

So nothing conclusive but my server did fall over during dedupe, having run without issue for a few months. Is there any logging I can look at?

Edit - should also mention that I noticed memory usage for the four FingerPrintGenerator.exe processes increasing. During this morning's run they have each increased from about 25MB to 90MB over about 30 mins so far.
    Last edited by MnM; 01-15-2014 at 03:59 AM.

Administrator

A computer should not fall over no matter what a software program does, it is either a hardware failure (CPU overheating, or memory error, or a system driver fault).

Ran DeDup overnight and results seem pretty good, but noticed the following issues or potential improvements:
    Windows informed me FingerPrintGenerator.exe had generated an error and must close. Sorry, didn't get the details of this error.
    No file name is displayed to help me determine which is the file requiring deletion. Listening to the audio is good, but I need to know which FILE is the one i want to delete.
    results are displayed with certain duplicates at the top, but when exported the list is alphabetical. If this could be exported the same as displayed with certainly as the priority would be good.
    When i went to shut the computer down, DeDup caused it to hang. Windows requested I force closure of DeDup, but the computer did not complete shut down. i had to manually power it off.
    I'm using windows XP.

Administrator

Are you using R1.5 from this thread?

Thanks for the reply in post *8 - fair enough, I'll try that again with some better monitoring. I'm now trying out AccurateRip and have a couple of issues.

1 - the 'checking with Accuraterip' process always stops at the same point. I have left it overnight until pressing cancel, so have given it a good chance to resume, but it doesn't. as you can see from the pic below, it hasn't accounted for all the albums:

2 - although PerfectTunes AR reports 3343 total albums, Asset UPnP 4.1 reports 3330 albums (but the same number of tracks). I wonder if this is down to different handling of multi-disc albums, but if it is, then although I haven't counted, I expect the discrepancy should be greater than 13.

Also a query - would you explain what the 'Use AccurateRipResult from ID tag' option does? I had a quick look and couldn't find an explanation.

Thanks

Hi

I tried posting to this thread around UK lunchtime and got a message saying the post was being moderated, presumably because I'd included a picture link (to a screenshot). It hasn't appeared yet, so I just wanted to check to see if it had got lost, or if it's still in the queue.

Thanks,

Matthew

Hello,

I recently used dbPowerAmp CD ripper to rip my CD collection to FLAC files.

When I ripped my multi-cds I would simply allow it to rip to separate folders as disc 1, disc 2.

I like to put all my songs in one folder and re-number
    the disc 2 track numbers so that it follows the tracks from disc 1.

This seems to be causing a problem when I then go back on my collection and run PerfectTUNES AccurateRip on my library as it will show the disc 1 as 'Album Accurately Ripped' but disc 2 as 'Album Not Present in AccurateRip'.

(Examples below using 'Rush' 'Chronicles' 2 disc compilation cd.)

(Example 1)

01 Rush - Finding My Way.flac
    01 Rush - Tom Sawyer.flac
    02 Rush - Working Man.flac
    02 Rush - Red Barchetta.flac
    03 Rush - Fly by Night.flac
    03 Rush - Limelight.flac
    04 Rush - Anthem.flac
    04 Rush - A Passage to Bangkok.flac
    05 Rush - Bastille Day.flac
    05 Rush - Subdivisions.flac
    06 Rush - Lakeside Park.flac
    06 Rush - New World Man.flac
    07 Rush - 2112; I. Overture - II. The Temples of Syrinx.flac
    07 Rush - Distant Early Warning.flac
    08 Rush - What You're Doing.flac
    08 Rush - Red Sector A.flac
    09 Rush - A Farewell to Kings.flac
    09 Rush - The Big Money.flac
    10 Rush - Closer to the Heart.flac
    10 Rush - Manhattan Project.flac
    11 Rush - The Trees.flac
    11 Rush - Force Ten.flac
    12 Rush - La Villa Strangiato.flac
    12 Rush - Time Stand Still.flac
    13 Rush - Freewill.flac
    13 Rush - Mystic Rhythms.flac
    14 Rush - The Spirit of Radio.flac
    14 Rush - Show Don't Tell.flac

If I simply copy the files from disc 2 into the folder for disc 1, AccurateRip is happy and reports that '2 Albums Accurately Ripped' and list both disc 1 and disc 2 along with the 14 tracks from each disc.

The problems is that I do not like how it looks in the folder as it is hard to tell what tracks go with what cd.

(Example 2)

01 Rush - Finding My Way.flac
    02 Rush - Working Man.flac
    03 Rush - Fly by Night.flac
    04 Rush - Anthem.flac
    05 Rush - Bastille Day.flac
    06 Rush - Lakeside Park.flac
    07 Rush - 2112; I. Overture - II. The Temples of Syrinx.flac
    08 Rush - What You're Doing.flac
    09 Rush - A Farewell to Kings.flac
    10 Rush - Closer to the Heart.flac
    11 Rush - The Trees.flac
    12 Rush - La Villa Strangiato.flac
    13 Rush - Freewill.flac
    14 Rush - The Spirit of Radio.flac
    15 Rush - Tom Sawyer.flac
    16 Rush - Red Barchetta.flac
    17 Rush - Limelight.flac
    18 Rush - A Passage to Bangkok.flac
    19 Rush - Subdivisions.flac
    20 Rush - New World Man.flac
    21 Rush - Distant Early Warning.flac
    22 Rush - Red Sector A.flac
    23 Rush - The Big Money.flac
    24 Rush - Manhattan Project.flac
    25 Rush - Force Ten.flac
    26 Rush - Time Stand Still.flac
    27 Rush - Mystic Rhythms.flac
    28 Rush - Show Don't Tell.flac

If I renumber the tracks on disc 2 to start after the tracks on disc 1 and then copy the newly renamed files from the folder of disc 2 into the folder of disc 1, AccurateRip displays '1 Album Accurately Ripped' and another messages that says '1 Album Not Present In AccurateRip'.

Is there a way around this? (as I have many 2 disc sets and I'm not really interested and re-ripping them as I'm sorta burnt out from the last time.)

I personally know that they were ripped correctly because they passed AccurateRip when I first ripped them, it just that I would like for no errors to be listed when I run PerfectTunes and try to keep up to date with my music library.

Some info and things that I have tried so far.

-I'm using the registered beta version 1.5
    -When in the same folder I do have the id tags correctly listing disc 1 and disc 2 for each song (I tried multiple ways of listing the disc number but it did not seem to matter, 1 or 2, 1/2 or 2/2, 1 of 2 or 2 of 2).
    -Simply renaming the filename track numbers from 15-28 back to 1-14 did not work.

Thank you for your time.

AllisterFiend

Administrator

AccurateRip works on physical discs, it is not possible to combine discs and have AccurateRip verify it.

Thanks for the quick reply Spoon,

I guess I'm still foggy on how the whole AccurateRip process works.

What has me confused is that if I place the contents of disc 2 into the folder of disc 1 without renumbering or changing any file names, AccurateRip seems to be able to distinguish the two separate disc and confirm that both were accurately ripped.

Even when I change the file names with the new numbering, AccurateRip knows they have two separate disc in the folder.

When I tried it with a 3 disc CD that had different track counts for each CD (disc 1 = 13, disc 2 = 10, disc 3 = 8), AccurateRip was able to verify the first disc (13 tracks) and mention that the other two could not be located in the AccurateRip database, even though it correctly listed the track counts for the two other CD's.

Just trying to understand the process, if you could point me to an article that I have missed that could walk me through the process step by step, like does AccurateRip grab any info from any of the tagging for each file like the disc id field or hidden tag that was created when I first ripped the disc. I just figured that since it could determine how many disc I had in one folder and also determine how many tracks were on each disc that it could then look it up in the database.

Once again, thanks for your time and I do not mean to be a bother. Just trying to figure out a way to easily correct this problem without having to rethink my folder structure and re-rip.

AllisterFiend