title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CDRipper Stalls at 99% when "Write metadata file" DSP used on AIFF files

CDRipper Stalls at 99% when "Write metadata file" DSP used on AIFF files

Using Multi-encoder profile, ripping 4 files (FLAC,ALAC,WAVE,AIFF), and applying several DSP settings (Replay Gain, Channel Count, HDCD, Play sound after conversion, ID Tag Processing, Move Destination File & WRITE METADATA FILE).

After several CD Rip tests/hangs at 99% (on more than one computer/drive), traced problem to "Write Metadata" DSP. After confirming all worked fine when that one DSP removed, I applied it separately to each of the separate Encoders' settings for DSP effects==>hangs==>applied it one at a time to each file encoding==>now, all works if I only apply it to FLAC, ALAC and WAVE. Not bad.

But any thoughts on how I can force it to also apply this "Write metadata file" DSP setting to the AIFF rip?

Both laptops have some security software that I can not totally disable, one laptop has Windows Vista, one has an enterprise variant of XP.

Release 14.4, DSP Effects Release 9.

Problem repeats on both machines attempting to rip AIFF to respective internal C: drives.

AIFF files always create fine, but no accompanying .xml file, and have to cancel rip at 99% within dbpa, even after sometimes letting it stay at 99% overnight.

Thank you.

Administrator

Re: CDRipper Stalls at 99% when "Write metadata file" DSP used on AIFF files

What happens if you rip only to aiff (no multi encoder), local hdd with only that write metadata dsp effect?

No issues when I do that, nor when I apply all 6+1=7 DSP effects to an AIFF only rip.

Also no issues if I go back to Multi-encoder,strip the "Write metadata" from the other 3 formats, and apply it only to the AIFF encoder. So, only seems to be where AIFF and another format both try to write the file.

Administrator

If you have security software, try disabling it as a test.

I am unable to disable it. Anything else we can try?

Administrator

That is the only way to know if it is blocking the program from operating.

OK. Moved to a third computer, and same problem. This is my own Surface Pro, so just need to figure out how to disable everything you need me to...

I do not have any security software installed, and the Surface Pro is straight from MS so no OEM....so, should just be Microsoft things running. Can you tell me what in Windows to disable for the test? Thank you.

Administrator

If there is no security installed, then it cannot be the issue.

I will mark as a possible bug to test during the r15 beta development.

Administrator