title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset and Tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lg.lindstrom
    • Aug 2010

Asset and Tags

Hi

Are there a description how Asset uses the metadata Tags?

I have problems to understand Artist vs Album Artist,, Sort handling etc.

//lg
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Asset and Tags

If you're having odd results with sort handling, be sure to check whether you have ARTISTSORT or ALBUMARTISTSORT tags (as these will override the sorting). I typically leave ALBUM ARTIST blank unless:

1. The album has multiple track artists (or even on track that has a different or additional artist from the other tracks)
    2. I want to organize variants of a single artist into a single artist for browsing, etc. (e.g., Doug Sahm as Album Artist while ARTIST could be Sir Douglas Quintet, Doug Sahm & Friends, The Masked Men, "Little" Doug Sahm, Wayne Douglas, etc.)
    3. I want a compilation tribute album to show up under the tribute artist name (e.g., Bob Dylan tribute album I put "Bob Dylan" as ALBUM ARTIST.

Comment

• lg.lindstrom
      • Aug 2010

Hi
      Thanks for your info.. it did clarify some things for me.

I am using Tagscanner for handling tags. I cant find ARTISTSORT and ALBUMARTISTSORT among the tags. Downloaded Mp3Tag,, and the tags are there but Mp3Tag are so slooooooow... *smile*

1. Any suggestion on a program,, ? fast, stable and with support for ARTISTSORT and ALBUMARTISTSORT.
      3. Are there simular sorting tags for Conductor, Composer and Director ?

//lg

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by lg.lindstrom
        I am using Tagscanner for handling tags. I cant find ARTISTSORT and ALBUMARTISTSORT among the tags. Downloaded Mp3Tag,, and the tags are there but Mp3Tag are so slooooooow... *smile*

1. Any suggestion on a program,, ? fast, stable and with support for ARTISTSORT and ALBUMARTISTSORT.
        I suggest you persevere with MP3Tag. It is an excellent tagger.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

What do you mean by mp3tag being slow? It is very fast for me (except if I'm loading up 75,000 tracks all at once...that takes a few minutes). dbpa can do tag manipulation, additions, etc. as well. Just select the files (batch converter or regular converter), "convert to" ID TAG UPDATE, and do your mods in additions, modifications, etc. section that pops up. Any halfway decent modern tagger will deal with ARTISTSORT or ALBUMARTISTSORT.

Comment

Working...

]]>