title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

SongRating is 90% of AMG Album Rating, plus if track pick, 30%. Source of this rule?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sapagrino
    • Nov 2008

SongRating is 90% of AMG Album Rating, plus if track pick, 30%. Source of this rule?

Originally posted by Spoon
    += means the value on the right is added to the value on the left and sorted in the value on the left.

Basically Rating is AMGs rating (matched to 0-10), taken to 90%, if it is a pick then an extra 30% is added.
    I have a question regarding the formula that dbpa uses to derive a song rating from AMG's album rating and pick selection.

1) Did dbpa create this 90%/30% relationship formula to derive song-specific ratings?; or
    2) Is this a formal/informal AMG-sponsored formula for deriving song ratings from its album ratings?; or
    3) some combination/collaboration?

I am trying to understand how much of a (AMG vs. dbpa) psuedo-standard it is to use this precise 90%/30% relationship.

Thank you.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: SongRating is 90% of AMG Album Rating, plus if track pick, 30%. Source of this r

Yes we use these values
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sapagrino
      • Nov 2008

Re: SongRating is 90% of AMG Album Rating, plus if track pick, 30%. Source of this r

Did AMG supply you this 90%+30% formula? or did you come up with it?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

We came up with it.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sapagrino
          • Nov 2008

Thanks. I like it.

For anyone with thoughts on the matter, my preliminary approach to Ratings management of my collection is going to be:
          1. Keep this AMG-derived Rating as my baseline "Rating";
          2. Retain it as a permanent reference in a custom field ("AMG Song Rating");
          3. Thereafter tweak "Rating" for personal preference as I listen.

Note that a Rating in the tag equal to the numeral 10 becomes a Rating of 5 stars, as graphically displayed.

I have tested the following "Rule-based manipulation" within DSP-ID Tag Processing-Manipulation:

IF RATING=10
          SET AMG Song Rating=5

IF RATING=10
          SET AMG0 Song Rating=[Rating]

Is there a way I can loop the above logic for each Rating from 1 to 10 without copy/pasting/changing 10 times? Thank you.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You would have to type 10 times.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sapagrino
              • Nov 2008

I am setting up two custom tags/fields:

1) AMG Track Pick (0 for "no"; 1 for "yes")
              2) AMG Album Rating (5, 4.5, etc)

I can populate these manually before each rip, but since you use both elements to drive the song rating, is there a way I can automate/program this instead? Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

These values are not exposed to the program
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sapagrino
                  • Nov 2008

Thank you for the clarification. Would you consider making those values available for manipulation and population in future releases?

If I recall correctly, I had to pay a small (annual?) fee to add AMG data, so hopefully releasing that data to users is ok with AMG. While having those values built into song ratings is great, I plan to set up custom playlists whereby all AMG Track Picks are shuffled, and this would be a great value added feature. Thank you.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

There is the wishlist section of this forum.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>