title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Window display issue: program window keep resizing to 1/4 screen

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FrankP
    • May 2012

Window display issue: program window keep resizing to 1/4 screen

For several days, my dBpoweramp has been having issues displaying on my screen. The program insists on being anchored to one corner of the screen or another, and I cannot move it where I want it. And I resize it to a size that is convenient, then it jumps back to 1/4 of the screen. I reinstalled but no improvement.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Window display issue: program window keep resizing to 1/4 screen

CD Ripper?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• FrankP
      • May 2012

Yep

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

As a test, change the encoder in CD Ripper, then close CD Ripper, and restart CD Ripper. Does the change stick between starts?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• FrankP
          • May 2012

Yes, changed from FLAC to WAV, closed and reopened and it was WAV; reset to FLAC, reclosed and rereopened and now it is FLAC

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

What happens if you maximize it, close it and reopen, it is maximized?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• FrankP
              • May 2012

Yes, it reopens maximized. If I then de-maximize, it is 1/4 of total screen size, centred in the screen; if I try to reposition it, it again pops into one corner or another. It also tends to re-size to 1/4 screen when I get metadata online - when it refreshes, it pops to 1/4 size.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

So when you drag the window it is jumping into corners? it is Windows which decides to do this (or a window help if you have such installed).
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• FrankP
                  • May 2012

I'm not sure who's deciding but it's not me... yes, if I try to drag the window it resizes to 1/4 frame anchored to a corner. Any other programs I can resize, drag, etc. without this behavior.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

We have no such 'clever' code in our programs, the resizing is controlled by windows.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mdubin
                      • Jul 2013

This might help:

Microsoft made a big deal about this new feature, but not everybody wants it. Turning it off is surprisingly simple--though finding the 'off switch' isn't.

mdubin

Comment

• FrankP
                        • May 2012

In fact, it started happening with Office programs as well... but not IE 10, which continued to work normally. I uninstalled my Samsung Multiscreen program and it seems that may have fixed the problem. Although why it began misbehaving, after years with no problems, will remain one of life's mysteries.

Comment

Working...

]]>