title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: De-Dup - Dual (or more) directory view

Smile De-Dup - Dual (or more) directory view

PerfectTunes is a great application. Thank you!

Having just completed finding and removing approximately 2,000 files from a 44,000 file collection, I found that many of the duplicates were full albums. Having realized that, where there were only two instances, I clicked on the upper folder icon, copied the URL from the address bar and pasted that into the left pane of a two-pane Directory Opus lister. I then closed the upper folder's list and did the same thing with the lower folder icon into the right Directory Opus pane. There were then a left and right view of the folders containing the duplicate files. Frequently the files listed in the left and right panes were the same album.

From there it was easy to see if this was a case of an entire album duplicate, and if so, I selected one directory and deleted it within Directory Opus. It still took LOTs of time.

Someone will probably tell me there is means to do this within De-Dup and that I wasted lots of time with the copy and paste. If not, I suggest that De-Dup allow two or more instances of the directory display to be on screen at the same time. Ideally, rather than two instances, this display could be on a multi-pane directory display, as Directory Opus provides.

Administrator

Re: De-Dup - Dual (or more) directory view

I think for r2 de dup should detect when a whole album is duplicated and allow the one click deletion of one of them.

Re: De-Dup - Dual (or more) directory view

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I think for r2 de dup should detect when a whole album is duplicated and allow the one click deletion of one of them.
    Duplicate album detection would be a great feature.

I have changed file and folder naming conventions over the years without going back and making previous versions consistent. Therefore, in my case, seeing the contents of both versions helped me clean up the reasons I had two copies.

Spoon, Thanks again for really useful products and great service!