title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: FingerPrintGenerator.exe error

FingerPrintGenerator.exe error

I just installed PerfectTunes (free download) to see if it works for me. But while running the program and scanning my mp3 collection, it immediately says "FingerprintGenerator.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." This error message keeps coming and coming every 20 seconds. The program is not quitting, but very slowly indexing the mp3's. Right now it has come to song number 85 in about 10 minutes.
    This problem occurs while running Album Art and while running Dedup. I have 63K songs, and the remaining time is 12 days...

Administrator

Re: FingerPrintGenerator.exe error

If you open explorer and type:

%appdata%\PerfectTUNES

there is a file !ProcessingErrors.txt

what does it show?

Having same issue

Just installed perfect tunes 2 days ago.
    Pointed dedup at my library
    Sez 6 days to complete
    2 days later, getting multiple FingerPrintGenerator.exe errors
    Still chugging along 22K of 69K tracks
    Should i worry that in 4 more days I will have problems?

Here are a few of the errors
    Processing WatchDog Timeout, file '\\Audio-files\volume_1\M4aFiles\Bad Company\Bad Company\05 Bad Company.m4a'
    Error Unable to Process Audio File, is Corrupted? '\\Audio-files\volume_1\M4aFiles\Bebo Valdes\Bebo de Cuba - Suite Cubana\08 Bebo Valdes - Ar Ni Froken Pehrson¿ (Comparsa).m4a'
    Processing WatchDog Timeout, file '\\Audio-files\volume_1\M4aFiles\Beck\Mutations\01 Cold Brains.m4a'
    Processing WatchDog Timeout, file '\\Audio-files\volume_1\M4aFiles\Beck\Mutations\04 Canceled Check.m4a'
    Processing WatchDog Timeout, file '\\Audio-files\volume_1\M4aFiles\Beck\Mutations\06 Tropicalia.m4a'

Administrator

Please email this file:

\\Audio-files\volume_1\M4aFiles\Bad Company\Bad Company\05 Bad Company.m4a

to:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Hi,

I also have this error, purchased the software yesterday. I am running the software on my Microsoft Windows XP netbook, and my music file is on a separate network server (see as the Z: drive from the netbook). Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Ken.

Administrator

We are tracking this one down, you can help by emailing:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Saying that fingerprintgenerator.exe is crashing and we can take it from there.

Hi,

I just installed yesterday and have been running about 24 hrs, I'm getting the same message as the others. It seems to be reading through my library though. Is it just hanging up on files that are unrecognized format or lacking any tag info? I'm running Window XP, btw.
    Last edited by jason808; 12-22-2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: correction

Administrator

This issue has been fixed in R1.5 which is in the testing section of this forum.