title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping from multiple CD drives

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Ripping from multiple CD drives

I recently inherited a SCSI CDROM tower and was hoping to be able to rip my entire CD collection to MP3s with it.

So far, the closest thing I've been able to find is WinDAC (it supports multiple CD drives) but I've only had limited success.

Is there any way that dbpoweramp can support multiple drives?
    I currently use dbpoweramp (even payed for it ) and would obviously prefer to use that somehow.

I guess my case is fairly unique, but many people have at least two drives in their system, like a CDburner + DVDrom.

Anyhoo... ideas appreciated
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping from multiple CD drives

when you start dmc audio cd input and select options do you see the option to select the cd drive?

Comment

• Unregistered

Sorry, I meant ripping from multiple drives one after the other, in a type of batch mode.

So I can whack a CD in each of the drives, arc up dMC Audio CD Input, retreive each of the CDs info from freedb, then kick it off to start ripping, and walk away and leave it to do each disc

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Nov 2002

You might want to try looking at dMC scripting (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/developer-scripting-dmc.htm), I'm not sure if you can script CD Input, but you might be able to rip them straight from dMC...not positive...good luck!

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It is possible if you rip from right clicking on the .cda files in explorer instead of using Audio CD Input. To get the tags right you will need audio CD input to recognize the disc once.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Spoon
            It is possible if you rip from right clicking on the .cda files in explorer instead of using Audio CD Input. To get the tags right you will need audio CD input to recognize the disc once.
            So what if your CD has CDROM content and you can't get at the .cda file though explorer?

How difficult would it be to make Audio CD Input use MDI (each drive has its own window within the main app window) similar to the way WinDAC does?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Good point, I cannot promise anything short term, but it is something that is going to be added.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Good point, I cannot promise anything short term, but it is something that is going to be added.
                No wuckas, that'd be great...

The feature would be awesome for me (now having CDROM 8 drives attached to my system), but yeah anyone with even 2 drives would be able to get some use out of it... effectively double your ripping throughput!

Comment

• donny
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Oct 2002

a very interesting idea for thosewho rip a lot

Comment

• Unregistered

Ok I know its only been three months... but have you had any luck with this 'wish'.
                    Or too busy with other stuff and haven't had a chance to do much in the way of MDI?

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

I will see if I can bump it up a little.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Yes, I would love this feature as well. It would make ripping a lot quicker and less tiresome!

- Johannes

Comment

• collectionRipr
                          • Apr 2004

Hmmm, I tried this, but I can't seem to get it to work (or I don't get how you envision this). I have Audio CD Input to recognize both of the 2 CD's I want to rip with my 2 drives, and subsequently use explorer to right click on the .cda files and choose Convert To. But then it will only rip to name the files Track01.wav, Track02.wav etc, whereas I'd like them to be named according to the freedb artist - tracknr - trackname. Also, I don't see how I could select tracks from BOTH (or any number of) cd roms (because that's what you'd ultimately would like to do). Wouldn't a better option be to enable a way for Track Selector to route the selected tracks through Audio CD Input and automatically convert from there? That would solve the issue it seems (just need a way for having Audio CD sit between file selector and Music Converter). Or am I oversimplifying here?

Comment

• Unregistered

Good point, ... it is something that is going to be added.
                            Hiya... is this feature still going to be included?

I see it was requested again this week.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

I am just slow
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>