title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

error ripping to error opening file, check no other program has it open.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: error ripping to error opening file, check no other program has it open.

If you right click on the same file >> Edit ID Tags

the changes are gone?

Which security software do you have?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• acyates
      • Sep 2014

Microsoft Security Essentials

Comment

• acyates
        • Sep 2014

I have been doing some checking.
        I loaded the trial version of dbpa on my second pc. It works perfectly. W7 and Microsoft security essentials, same as first pc.
        I uninstalled dbpa (purchased copy) on my first pc and reinstalled. Same ripping errors as above.

I believe the errors started when I upgraded to dbpa 15.1. I do not think I uninstalled the old version before installing 15.1. Could this be the source of the errors?

Tony Yates

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Try R15.2:

Changes m4a AAC decoder able to better handle minor corrupted files m4a ALAC decoder able to decode mono files musicbrainz returns isrc now AIFF can decode and encode 32 bit float Proxy settings used for check for update itunenorm tags are dropped during conversion CD Ripper: Artist, Label and Year columns shown even if non

Install over the top without uninstalling.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• acyates
            • Sep 2014

I installed 15.2 as above. On the first disc there were ripping errors, 'check no other program has it open' on two tracks. 18 track cd. 16 tracks ok. Ripping to a new folder. What is the problem here?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Try ripping to a location that is not the music folder, create a new folder on C: called ripping

does it rip ok?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• acyates
                • Sep 2014

I Think the source of my ripping errors may be WD Smartware Pro. I use this to back up my pc to a WD NAS drive. I rip to the c drive. The default option is continuous backup. Do you think this is possible? I have just ripped 2 cds successfully, having suspended backup.
                I notice that others are using NAS drives on your forum.
                Do you have any comments?

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Yes if the NAS locks the files for a very long time whilst it backs up.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>