title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: command line parameter depending on samplerate of input file

command line parameter depending on samplerate of input file

Hi
    I am working on adapting encoder.txt for the CLI encoder for qaac to my requirements and I have the following challenge.
    I would like to add a parameter to the command line, which is dependent on the samplerate of the input file:
    add "-r 44100" if the samplerate of the input file is 88.2 or 176.4kHz
    add "-r 48000" if the samplerate of the input file is 96 or 192 kHz
    How might I go about this?
    I have checked the CLI reference page, but could not figure out how to do.
    Thanks a lot

Administrator

Re: command line parameter depending on samplerate of input file

It is not possible sorry...however, resampling is never simply decimation, so going 88KHz to 44KHz or 48KHz makes no real difference, resamplers instead transform the signal into the frequency domain (at a much higher sample rate), then divide.

Re: command line parameter depending on samplerate of input file

No problem, I think I can solve this another way, by putting the 88.2 and 176.4kHz files in a separate directory. Everything else should process as I intend.
    I am aware that my request is not scientifically founded in any way. The driver behind the question is probably an antiquated hardware oriented view. DACs have separate oscillators for multiples of 44.1 and 48kHz (not that that would be relevant in this case, but I'm used to thinking in these terms).
    ;-)