title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: error ripping to error opening file, check no other program has it open.

Administrator

Re: error ripping to error opening file, check no other program has it open.

If you right click on the same file >> Edit ID Tags

the changes are gone?

Which security software do you have?

Microsoft Security Essentials

I have been doing some checking.
    I loaded the trial version of dbpa on my second pc. It works perfectly. W7 and Microsoft security essentials, same as first pc.
    I uninstalled dbpa (purchased copy) on my first pc and reinstalled. Same ripping errors as above.

I believe the errors started when I upgraded to dbpa 15.1. I do not think I uninstalled the old version before installing 15.1. Could this be the source of the errors?

Tony Yates

Administrator

Try R15.2:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...poweramp-R15-2

Install over the top without uninstalling.

I installed 15.2 as above. On the first disc there were ripping errors, 'check no other program has it open' on two tracks. 18 track cd. 16 tracks ok. Ripping to a new folder. What is the problem here?

Administrator

Try ripping to a location that is not the music folder, create a new folder on C: called ripping

does it rip ok?

I Think the source of my ripping errors may be WD Smartware Pro. I use this to back up my pc to a WD NAS drive. I rip to the c drive. The default option is continuous backup. Do you think this is possible? I have just ripped 2 cds successfully, having suspended backup.
    I notice that others are using NAS drives on your forum.
    Do you have any comments?

Administrator

Yes if the NAS locks the files for a very long time whilst it backs up.