title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Windows Server 2012 installation - cannot be accessed on Windows XP "client"

Windows Server 2012 installation - cannot be accessed on Windows XP "client"

I have a installation of Asset UPnP on a Windows 2012 server and it streams music beautifully to Windows 7 and Windows 8 computers on my network. However, I don't seem to be able to access it on a Windows XP computer on the network.

Is this behaviour expected? (I see there is a separate install file for installing the software itself on an XP machine).

Administrator

Re: Windows Server 2012 installation - cannot be accessed on Windows XP "client"

Different things, the Server is separate from the control / player - it is likely you have a firewall on the XP box which is blocking it from playing.

What is the player on XP? you can try dbpoweramp renaissance in the beta section of this forum for a headless player, and Asset Control to control it.

Re: Windows Server 2012 installation - cannot be accessed on Windows XP "client"

Just Windows Media Player, even with the firewall off, no luck. Look forward to trying renaissance though...