title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: No audio items found by scan

No audio items found by scan

Hi,

I have Asset UPnP installed on a Windows 2012 Server machine, my music library is in turn stored on a NAS (Buffalo Terastation (linux)) which is a mapped drive on the Windows 2012 Server machine.

I have default options (no restrictions) of file types for the scan to find, yet it finds none.

On the configuration (advanced settings) the library appears normally and it says "contains: Audio Tracks" - so why is the scan not finding any files?

Any help appreciated.

Re: No audio items found by scan

OK, obviously a permissions issue.

Fixed by removing all access restrictions to the NAS - not very satisfactory.

Which user do I need to give permission to the NAS to? What does "Local Account" mean? My log-in has full-control permissions to the NAS, yet UPnP couldn't access the files. Same thing running the Asset as a service.

Administrator

That is the problem, if you are running Asset using the service account (that asset runs in the background before you log in) then this account will not be easy to setup for NAS access, instead switch to local account, and browse the NAS using Windows Explorer, remembering to click the '[x] Remember Password option'

Thanks, it would appear that it is impossible rather than not easy to give the appropriate services access to the NAS.

This means the only way to use the asset is via the local account but I think this means I have to log-on to the server in order to use the asset over various machines in the network which makes it hassle to use and more than inconvenient.

For example to use the asset at my music system I have to go upstairs, start up and login to my windows computer, remote desktop to the server, log-in to the server, (that kicks off the asset) then go back downstairs and only then then be able to select the music I wish to play.