title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Adding new music - horrible interface

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ItsMyLife
    • Jan 2012

Adding new music - horrible interface

I've been using Asset off and on for about two years now and I have to say the interface absolutely stinks. With 46,000 tracks in my library, whenever I add new stuff it's impossible to tell if it's being added or not. Most of the time it is not even though I do multiple scans so there must be something wrong, but god knows what that would be.

It would be nice if it gave you the ability to direct it to the new songs easily without having to add the directories individually (and then they appear separately).

It would also be nice if there were some sort of feed back when it's doing scans other than clicking a button and getting a ridiculous "rescanning shortly" message. What in the world does that mean? And then you get no sort of feedback as to whether the scan actually took place or not

I really expected this minimalist interface to improve over the lifetime of the product and it has not. C'mon, you can't do better than this?
    Last edited by ItsMyLife; 08-03-2013, 05:26 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Adding new music - horrible interface

You should only have to add one folder to asset, the root folder of your music.

> "rescanning shortly" message

When scanning the message shows where it is upto in the scanning process.

If asset is indexing local HDDs then scanning is automatic, new music is detected as it is added, if your drives are network storage, then once there is a certain number of tracks the notifications stop (is a Windows + network limitation).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ItsMyLife
      • Jan 2012

Re: Adding new music - horrible interface

My drives are local.

I deleted and then re-added the music folder in the advanced section.

Then I disabled running mode and then set it back to local and inow doing a rescan and I can see the status' changing.

So it looks like that fixed it.

Thanks for the response.
      Last edited by ItsMyLife; 08-04-2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>