title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Converting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paul44birch
    • Sep 2010

Re: Batch Converting

Ok thanks. Will give it a go. Are you the same (very helpful) garym from the squeezebox forum by any chance?

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by paul44birch
      Ok thanks. Will give it a go. Are you the same (very helpful) garym from the squeezebox forum by any chance?
      yes ;-)

Comment

• paul44birch
        • Sep 2010

I thought so. We may have shared Transporter advice in the past?

It&*8217;s certainly been an educational journey this streaming lark!!

I am currently converting from my back up FLAC files which are stored on an external 2TB hard drive. The files are located in G:\Music\FLAC files (therefore G:\Music\FLAC files\artist\album\tracks)

I have set up a folder in the same drive to receive the converted mp3 files which is G:\Music\MP3 converted music\ (this is currently the output location folder)

From this information are you able to give me the dynamic naming code based on this information?

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

I thought so. We may have shared Transporter advice in the past?

It&*8217;s certainly been an educational journey this streaming lark!!

I am currently converting from my back up FLAC files which are stored on an external 2TB hard drive. The files are located in G:\Music\FLAC files (therefore G:\Music\FLAC files\artist\album\tracks)

I have set up a folder in the same drive to receive the converted mp3 files which is G:\Music\MP3 converted music\ (this is currently the output location folder)

From this information are you able to give me the dynamic naming code based on this information?
          Yep we've talked over there, love my transporter and all my Squeezebox system!

click the button next to dynamic to use dynamic naming. And in setting dynamic naming (click on SET then copy and paste this in (instead of what's already there).
          Code:
          [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath]\[origfilename][][]
          and in the "folder" row just above dynamic , enter

Code:
          G:\Music\MP3 converted music\
          test on a couple of artists with multiple albums first just to confirm, but this should do the trick. It doesn't even matter if "MP3 converted music" directory exists when you start....this will create it. But if it does exist, it will simply add to it. No problems there....
          Last edited by garym; 07-31-2013, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

a couple of other thoughts.

In the conversion screen, I add the DSP for Replay Gain. Then set it for both track and album gain, using EBU R128 (and you might do the write itunnorm tag as well, if using these mp3 files in ipod/iphone. Can't hurt anything, just another tag field.

I also add the DSP for ID TAG PROCESSING. Within this, click on "settings' then Manipulation tab, then under artwork I select "import from" cover.jpg, with max size 500x500 and 'any' on file size. I also select "force embedded to jpg". This takes my single art file in an album subdirectory and imports it as embedded art within each mp3 file.
            Last edited by garym; 07-31-2013, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• paul44birch
              • Sep 2010

Thanks for this Gary. Will give it a try, plus additional suggestions. I had a few probs with my Transporter and eventually had to return it for refund and replaced it with a Naim streamer. Still got Duet and Radio.

Comment

• paul44birch
                • Sep 2010

Wahey! it works :D

Did a test on a couple of artists as suggested and all looks good. Now left it happily converting my many FLAC files.

So a big thanks garym for all the help.

Comment

• garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Wahey! it works :D

Did a test on a couple of artists as suggested and all looks good. Now left it happily converting my many FLAC files.

So a big thanks garym for all the help.
                  Excellent!

Comment

Working...

]]>