title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ReplayGain Album Gain Probmlem?

Re: ReplayGain Album Gain Probmlem?

I'm reviving this thread as I have the same problem almost a year later... I have the latest reference version 15.1 with the latest codecs.

I'm using the "Utility" version of the ReplayGain codec (R4) because I don't need re-encoding. If I run a large batch conversion only the track gains are written. It's the same result no matter if I choose the "ID Tag" or "all in same folder" for album reference.

The only way I can get the album gain written is by choosing "All Files in Batch Same Album" option. This only can be done by selecting the files manually album by album, which renders the batch processing option useless...

Most of my files are high quality Ogg Vorbis, some are MP3s. Same problem in both cases.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Sylvan; 10-01-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Administrator

Will check for R15.2 beta

Much appreciated, thanks!

I'm having this problem with R14.4 and Replay Gain R4 as well. It drives me a bit crazy as at times it even fails if I select "all in same folder".
    Note that usually the first file in the batch gets the proper album gain, but the rest does not.
    In case it's relevant, I'm on Win 7 64bit with the latest updates installed.

As was suggested on page 1 of the thread, I converted the FLAC files I tried to add the album gain to to mp3 and the issue still occurred. In fact, not even the first file included the album gain tag. I sent you an email with the MP3 files attached.

Another year later, this problem still seems to exist. R15.1 and DSP effects R11 (everything latest version). I am on Windows 8 pro X64 (not 8.1).

Administrator

I checked the functionality in R15.2 (which releases in the next few days), no issues were found. Possibly an external program would stop the album tags being written (which happen at the end), either something has the files open, or security software.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I checked the functionality in R15.2 (which releases in the next few days), no issues were found. Possibly an external program would stop the album tags being written (which happen at the end), either something has the files open, or security software.
    I'm afraid you're wrong; I just re-tried with all my security software configured to exclude the paths where the files are at. I used Sysinternals Process Monitor to monitor all I/O events on the files and the only processes that accessed them during conversion were the music converter itself (obviously), two indexing processes and the system process. Nothing was locking them.

I used the ReplayGain "codec" from Codec Central for conversion. Definitely set to write both Track & Album gain. Album ID mode was "files in same folder".
    There were 1747 files in the batch.

I'm going to get the beta version in the meantime and check if the problem has indeed been fixed.

Update

A second test with the same DBPA version (15.1): converting about 300 files using Flac > Flac with Replaygain DSP. Album gain is not written using "files in same folder" ID method, it is written using "Album ID tag" instead. Same thing using the ReplayGain codec.
    Last edited by Nevaron; 02-17-2015 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Update

Administrator

Noted