title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Akurate ds display problem: track is 44.1kHz/24bits or 320 kbps/MP3 or flac 16 bit ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Giorgio
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2006

Akurate ds display problem: track is 44.1kHz/24bits or 320 kbps/MP3 or flac 16 bit ?

Hello to everybody,

my Akurate ds is cabled to the Majik dsi and I have an Assetnas with JRiver and Jremote App for IPad.

I have this problem: when I press repeatedly the display of the Akurate it says:

The Track title
    The Artist name
    The Album title
    The writing "Composer"
    The writing "UpnpAv"
    The elapsed track time
    The remaining track time
    The writing "44.1kHz/24bits"
    The writing "320 kbps/MP3"

What sound strange to me is the last point: because I don't riip in Mp3, I don't have Mp3 on my NAS but just Flac format 16 or 24 bit.
    Why it says 24 bit and Mp3 if the track I listen is a Flac at 16 bits ?

Please help me, I'm afraid that the player is converting the format .....
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Akurate ds display problem: track is 44.1kHz/24bits or 320 kbps/MP3 or flac 16 bi

>JRiver and Jremote App for IPad.

If you use these then Asset is not being used to send the audio. Try Kinksy on iPad and select Asset UPnP as the server source and play some tracks.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Giorgio
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2006

Re: Akurate ds display problem: track is 44.1kHz/24bits or 320 kbps/MP3 or flac 16 bi

Try Kinksy on iPad and select Asset UPnP as the server source and play some tracks.

Hello Spoon, I tried and for me the sound has non differences at all. I understand that is not correct the info in the display, but I don't have any idea at regard.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you look at the configuration page for Asset (on the AssetNAS), on the advanced page the audio format streaming section, FLAC should be set 'as is', is this correct?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Giorgio
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2006

No it was set Flac as WAV, I changed now and ....
          THAT'S OK now !!!!! Fantastic Spoon !

Comment

Working...

]]>