title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_READ_METADATA' in FLAC File

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayNYC
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Feb 2008

Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_READ_METADATA' in FLAC File

Hi. Successfully ran ReplayGain on over 50,000 files... but a handful generate this error, for example:
    Code:
    Error converting to [ReplayGain], 'M:\music-home\Bruce Springsteen\Greatest Hits\0010 Glory Days.flac' to 'M:\music-home\Bruce Springsteen\Greatest Hits\0010 Glory Days.IGNORE'
       Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_READ_METADATA' in FLAC File 'M:\music-home\Bruce Springsteen\Greatest Hits\0010 Glory Days.flac'
       Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_READ_METADATA' in FLAC File 'M:\music-home\Bruce Springsteen\Greatest Hits\0010 Glory Days.flac'
    As a first remedy, I tried going into "Edit ID-Tag" and click Clear. Retried ReplayGain, same error.
    Then next I tried running [ID Tag Update] and selecting Deletions, Remove All. Retried ReplayGain, same error.

Suggestions?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_READ_METADATA' in FLAC File

The files look to be corrupted to me, can anything play them?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JayNYC
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Feb 2008

track plays no problem.

Comment

• JayNYC
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Feb 2008

Spoon, so upon further investigation, you are (no surprise) mostly correct!

Ableton Live and Soundforge will not load these tracks fully, and will only play the portions they do load.
        Jriver media center plays these entire tracks. Some of the tracks do have audible drop-outs or issues, so in many cases the issue is with the track itself.

I have found a partial solution which is to use Jriver (not dbpoweramp) to convert from Flac to Wav, then use DBpoweramp to convert from Wav to Flac, then run ReplayGain.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

dBpoweramp would warn as it does that the file is corrupted, other programs might silently encode from one format to the other, copy over the errors and not warn.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>