title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Troubleshooting: Batch Ripper will not trigger Nimbie drawer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrMTB
    • Jul 2013

Troubleshooting: Batch Ripper will not trigger Nimbie drawer

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with a new Nimbie USB + dbPowerAmp installation. Here are the details:

Mac Mini (latest; 2.3Ghz processor with 16GB RAM)
    Parallels 7
    Virtual Machine with Windows 7 (2 cores, 4GB RAM, 32bit mode)

I've installed the Acronova drivers, and tested with the QQGetTray program handles the Nimbie just fine. I've downloaded the latest integrated Acronova + dbPowerAmp Ripper bundle I can find (which shows to be minor version 2, not 3 as I've seen mentioned in the Beta section). When I go to configure the drive, none of the test functions work; all of them error out that they cannot find the device.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I've checked device manager to ensure there are no misbehaving entries. Any other thoughts on what I might try to solve this?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Troubleshooting: Batch Ripper will not trigger Nimbie drawer

Possibly QQGetTray has the device open? try uninstalling that. I have updated the nimbie install to have the V3 label corrected.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mrMTB
      • Jul 2013

I reverted the virtual machine to a point before the Acronova software was installed, and just installed the Autoloader drivers and dbPowerAmp integrated package. I get the same behavior - when I hit test, the response is that it cannot locate the Nimbie.

Any other troubleshooting thoughts?

Comment

• mrMTB
        • Jul 2013

One other data point - I changed the device type to manual load, and hit the "Reject" action and the device drawer did open. Not sure if that provides any useful info.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It means the program is communicating with CD drive, but not the robot, post the debug log on the test page please for a load action.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mrMTB
            • Jul 2013

Here's the output from the test. The tmp files noted in the command line are not created.

Beginning Test

Running Program: "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Ni mbie\Load\Load.exe" --drive="E" --rejectifnodisc --logfile="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB4 62C.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Te mp\dBB462D.tmp"
            Running...
            *** Error: Unable to locate Nimbie, is connected?

Testing Complete

Comment

• mrMTB
              • Jul 2013

I did confirm that the Nimbie shows up in the device manager.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Not sure what I can suggest, do you have a native Windows PC you can try on?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mrMTB
                  • Jul 2013

I tried it on my work laptop, and it runs like a champ. Made a bootcamp Win 7 installation on my Mini, and dbPowerAmp reports the same error that it cannot find the Nimbie. Must be something about that specific machine that doesn't get along well with the Nimbie.

Comment

Working...

]]>