title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Buffer

Unhappy Buffer

Hello,
    i have a problem, im using n stream on my ipad and iphone to gain access to the Asset upnp, my streamer is a Naim unitiqute, when streaming the music goes off quite often and then comes back on after several seconds, i have noticed that on the ipad where buffer is it keeps dropping down to 30% to sometimes 0% then back up to 100% at which point the music comes back on, i have unistalled Asset and reinstalled but its the same hope someone out there can help

Administrator

Re: Buffer

Is wireless used between Asset and the music location, or Asset and the player?

Unhappy Re: Buffer

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Is wireless used between Asset and the music location, or Asset and the player?
    asset is on my pc which is wireless and i use the ipad to access asset, my unitiqute is etherneted up to my netgear switch which in turn goes to my wireless router, thanks for replying by the way

Administrator

Your PC would have to be wired, as normally wireless cannot stream lossless 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Your PC would have to be wired, as normally wireless cannot stream lossless 100% of the time.
    again thanks for your reply, funny thing is my PC as been wireless since the day i purchased Asset which was in May and had been fine up until last week, i have wired my PC and my N-Stream app on my ipad now takes longer to locate the Asset server? also when i return to the N- Stream app on the ipad its saying "no servers" and after a while it finds Asset, if my son's laptop is on the app on my ipad finds that instantly, the laptop is wireless and windows 7 my PC is vista home premium, are there any settings on my PC which i may not have set? one last thing after i wired my PC and my ipad found Asset i listened to a whole album with out any problems but when i got up this morning after a while it found Asset but was saying "empty" on all my music i went on my PC opened Asset and saw that it was on service and not on local account which i have always had it set on as its recommended in brackets, strange, i hope you can help me in this matter, im very grateful for your replys and help

Quote Originally Posted by toonfan View Post
    again thanks for your reply, funny thing is my PC as been wireless since the day i purchased Asset which was in May and had been fine up until last week, i have wired my PC and my N-Stream app on my ipad now takes longer to locate the Asset server? also when i return to the N- Stream app on the ipad its saying "no servers" and after a while it finds Asset, if my son's laptop is on the app on my ipad finds that instantly, the laptop is wireless and windows 7 my PC is vista home premium, are there any settings on my PC which i may not have set? one last thing after i wired my PC and my ipad found Asset i listened to a whole album with out any problems but when i got up this morning after a while it found Asset but was saying "empty" on all my music i went on my PC opened Asset and saw that it was on service and not on local account which i have always had it set on as its recommended in brackets, strange, i hope you can help me in this matter, im very grateful for your replys and help
    spoke too soon, just playing some music and its gone off again and on the app on the ipad its saying "no servers" and after a while Asset appears?