title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Install Asset UPnP on a NAS

Install Asset UPnP on a NAS

I'm a new user of this technology. I would like to know what's the best installaton architecture to use DbPoweramp and Asset UPnP ? I thought to install Dbpoweramp on my PC (Windows 8) to rip my CD and store them on my NAS (Western Digital My Book Live Duo). Also, I thought to install Asset UPnP on my NAS. To listen to the music, I used a MOON and an IPod Touch as remote control (Moon Mind application on the IPod). I thought at this configuration because I don't want power on my PC when I would like to listen music.

What do you think about this configuration ?

Administrator

Re: Install Asset UPnP on a NAS

Asset will not run on a Western Digital NAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Asset will not run on a Western Digital NAS.
    By performing tests, here's what I understood. It cannot be installed Asset on a unit that has no operating system (OS). Therefore, the only way to install Asset on a server that has an operating system. The fact and install it on a NAS server that the PC should be POWER ON to operate Asset. Is my understanding correct?

Administrator

If Asset is installed on a PC then the PC has to be powered on yes.

It cannot be installed Asset on a unit that has no operating system (OS). Therefore, the only way to install Asset on a server that has an operating system ? Is that true ?

Administrator

You can install Asset onto a low powered netbook and leave it powered on with the nas.