title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset, sonos, and Bt infinity

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lyric
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2010

Asset, sonos, and Bt infinity

I'm not saying that I have a problem with asset, more a change of set up and because of this, ripping software is not getting metadata.
    I have two streaming systems, a linn Klimax streamer and 2 sonos z 120 amp/streamers, sonos being used for multiroom duties, all products are on the same rack including the Nas ( Ava rs3 with latest premium asset running things) all these products were linked to a Cisco router in the same room, the asset server having an Ethernet connection to the router. Everything has been fine set up like this.
    However Bt convinced me to upgrade to infinity unlimited and will only place their own router in the hall where the cable comes in or in another room by running cable over skirting and door frames, that is not an option. My dealer where I buy the Linn, Sonos and Ava rs3 server suggested that I get a network switch and connect everything, server, sonos and Linn Klimax streamer to it in the same rack and that the sonos would connect wirelessly to the router in the hall for Internet duties, which would be for instance collecting metadata from the Internet when I insert a cd in the slot of the server for ripping.
    Asset is not getting out to the Internet for some reason, I have turned the server off and back on thus hopefully renewing its IP address, but still won't collect any metadata.
    Is there some incompatibility issue with asset and sonos or something obvious I'm missing. My dealer thought that it would work but now doesn't know, therefore I will take advice and guidance where it is offered please.

Regards

Lyric
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset, sonos, and Bt infinity

Asset reads the metadata from already ripped files, it has no part in adding metadata to files you are actively ripping. The only time Asset will use the internet is to browse and play the radio stations.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lyric
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2010

Re: Asset, sonos, and Bt infinity

Yes I understand. It's the ripping software on the server that connects, it was pre loaded by tranquil computers the manufacturer and I have no way of knowing what it is or why it has stopped working, thanks anyway, I will contact tranquil.

Lyric

Comment

Working...

]]>