title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

soundcard capture problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • graham16
    • Jun 2013

soundcard capture problem

I downloaded asset onto my HP Laptop (windows 8), and set about ripping my CD collection using dbpoweramp. This was then played back on my Naim Uniti with excellent results. However when I select PC sound capture, in an attempt to stream Spotify, the resulting audio is thin, tinny and the streamed track runs fast! Consequently the stream will mute until it catches up. Does anybody know why playback of my music files (includes some excellent Studio Master Downloads), should sound fine, yet soundcard capture be completely unlistenable? Regards Graham16
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: soundcard capture problem

Do you have a 2nd PC you can use as a player as a test? (I can forward instructions on how to set it up to play from main pc).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RobP
      • Aug 2012

To give you confidence that it does work, I stream Spotify from a windows 7 PC also to a naimuniti using sound card capture with good results...apart from dropouts.

Comment

• graham16
        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
        Do you have a 2nd PC you can use as a player as a test? (I can forward instructions on how to set it up to play from main pc).
        The 2nd PC is a windows XP, so no luck there. However, I am wondering if this is an issue with Windows 8. I clicked on the computer section of my laptop and selected Asset. Each of the files, that go to make up Asset, is displayed. When I click on PC Soundcard Capture a download box appears and the file appears to be downloading. At first I thought I had resolved the problem. But the download (3.12MB), refuses to complete, and I am once again left totally baffled and bemused. I am no computer expert, but this is all getting very frustrating, when I know it should work!

Comment

Working...

]]>