title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Ripnas fails to rip

Ripnas fails to rip

I have three new cd's and the Ripnas accepts them but rejects each after a minute or so. The error message on WHS says "no metadata". They are off the shelf cd's so I can't believe the message. A few months ago I successfully ripped two other cd's from the same label. What is the problem? I've rebooted the Ripnas but no help.

Administrator

Re: Ripnas fails to rip

Try reripping a CD you previously ripped that you know there is metadata for, if it says 'no metadata' then the issue is an internet connection issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try reripping a CD you previously ripped that you know there is metadata for, if it says 'no metadata' then the issue is an internet connection issue.
    Tried that and it successfully ripped the older cd. I tried the new cd's again but no luck. So what exactly does that mean? Two new cd's with no metadata? What are the odds?

Administrator

I do not know the odds, how ever if you wait a while the discs will appear in the databases.