title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: FLAC folders not playing

FLAC folders not playing

Hi,

I am having a problem with my Hi Fi system streaming FLAC folders. I suspect the is a problem is the Asset Settings

Here is a run down of my system:

Media Server: Laptop connected wireless to network. Running Asset Upnp. Music downloaded to separate music folder. Mp3 format & FLAC. (Mp3 will play.)
    Control Point: Ipad running N-stream.
    Media Renderer: Naim Uniqute. (Audio Formats Supported by Uniqute: Internet radio (Windows Media-formatted content, MP3 Streams, MMS), Playlists (M3U, PLS), MP3, AAC (up to 320kBit/s, CBR/VBR), Windows Media-formatted content-9 (up to 320kBit/s), FLAC and WAV (up to 32bit/192kHz via UPnP and USB only), OGG Vorbis)

I understand that the Uniqute does not search my music library, rather it only plays the folders that Asset puts out. This is why I suspect the problem is with Asset set up.

I have checked advanced settings on Asset to ensure that FLAC is not excluded.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Administrator

Re: FLAC folders not playing

Can you browse the FLAC files? browsing normally does not rely on what the player can play.

No, the Uniqute does not see the FLAC files.

Administrator

Install 'Asset Control' from the beta section of this forum, it will allow an external browse of Asset server, if the flac files are missing then we can track why.