title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Player

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nightnurse
    • Dec 2011

Player

I think we can all say, that 'dbpoweramp' is an essential piece of software. Although not all the functions are use, I'm sure we use some of them. However, having all the great software, is useless without a great player..Perhaps you can put together a player...
    I believe you had one some time ago?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Player

We did, but it did not gain traction in the market (even though was free)...perhaps it was ahead of its time (15 years ago we have libraries, ratings, 'genius' playlists).

There are now plenty of players out there to choose from, foobar, media monkey, etc.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MaDJiK
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
      We did, but it did not gain traction in the market (even though was free)...perhaps it was ahead of its time (15 years ago we have libraries, ratings, 'genius' playlists).

There are now plenty of players out there to choose from, foobar, media monkey, etc.
      But they are ugly. I still use dbPowerAmp Audio Player, it's close to perfection. I don't understand why not continue the development (there is not a lot to do on a MP3 player) or at least give it in download.

(Sorry for posting in an old topic!)

Comment

• BestRip
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jun 2002

I wanted to agree with MaDJiK. I had a great lot of fun making the skins I made for the player, the skin maker program by Spoon was a delight to work with. I have saved copies of the skins I have made and can make them available if so desired. There are some features that do not work well in later windows versions but those are more like cosmetic details.

Mostly I wanted to give an acknowledgement to Spoon for the GREAT program series he has created, must have taken some serious coding........

(suddenly the topic wasn't that very old?)

Comment

Working...

]]>