title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CD/DVD Drive Accuracy List 2013

Re: CD/DVD Drive Accuracy List 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    With an external drive, you choices are limited to a handful of current models.
    But are any of them any good? (In particular the Samsung SE-506-BB Blu-ray writer/player)

Administrator

I would stay away from the Sony Optiarc range, I think the Samsungs have no blaring issues.

So if I understand correctly, using Dbpoweramp and accurate rip the drive isn't really an issue? I read somewhere that the C2 data is lost through a the USB connection when using an external drive.

Administrator

C2 can be lost, but not for all.

Correct that the CD drive its self only plays a part in recovering damaged discs, other than that all drives give the same verifiable result with AccurateRip.

I have a small question

Is a MATSHITA - DVD-R UJ-85J, the same thing as a PANASONIC - DVD-R UJ-85J ? I ask because Im using this: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters to search for a new drive and it doesnt show anything with a MATSHITA chipset but it shows a bunch with a PANASONIC chipset. Thats why I ask.

Im mostly likely going to get the LG GH22LP20

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes they are the same drive

I have two NEW (black) and one used (Ivory) Plextor PX-230A OEM no box for sale.

I actually also have a spare PX-230A in full retail packaging that I'd be willing to part with, PM me if interested. My primary has relentlessly churned through CDs that no other drive would rip.

Hi,

I have TSSTcorp - CDDVDW SH-S223C drive and key discs don't work to get offset. On this thread I see hundreds of people having this drive and I see on accuraterip.com that it's purged:
    TSSTcorp - CDDVDW SH-S223C [Purged]

Why is that purged?

Similar models have offset +6 but I can't configure in CD Ripper the offset manually or did I miss something?

Thanks!
    Alexxxander

Edit: I just read this:
    "A small number of drives have [Purged] as the offset, these drives were found not to have a constant drive offset (perhaps different manufacturing batches, or firmwares), as such they have been removed from AccurateRip's drive database (should you have one of these drives, 3 matching key disks will be required to configure AccurateRip)."

What to do? I have tried 4 key discs but get always the same error popup telling drive not in database.
    Last edited by Alexxxander; 12-17-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Administrator

You are using Windows or OS X?

Hi

Windows 10 Pro 64 bits, up-to-date. RW drive reads and writes fine data and music CD's. Ripping with dbpoweramp 16.3 works OK too (ripping, tagging, converting), only without AR.
    Thx
    Last edited by Alexxxander; 12-18-2017 at 03:29 PM.