I downloaded the trail dBpoweramp software today and loaded it on my HP Envy Windows 8 desktop computer with two drives - a Blu-Ray reader and a DVD burner. Both are capable of reading and writing CDs.

My object in ordering this new computer was to be able to rip two CDs at once. I found out that the software I was using (Express Rip) could only run one instance, and therefore could only see one drive at once. I tried WinAmp, which can run multiple instances, but froze up when I tried to rip a second CD. So now I'm trying dBpoweramp, and if it works out I will gladly pay for the upgrade.

There are dozens of threads in the forum on multiple CD burning, and I've looked through many of them, but can't fine one that seems to match my issue. Some are very old, and the answer was "this is not supported yet".

When I run dbPoweramp, I load two instances of it, and point one to my F: drive and one to my G: drive. I configure the output folder location and the output file name format (as [album]\[album artist] - [album] - [track]). I am using the mp3 format. I start up one of the rip instances and it goes fine. Then I start the other instance, and it goes fine too. That's great!

When one of the instances finishes ripping (the second one actually...), the disk ejects. That's good.

But the other disk never ejects - even if I push the button on the cd drive, or click the "eject" button in the software. It won't eject until I close down dBpoweramp.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Do you need more information to help me resolve this?

Here is my system information, if that helps:

Code:
OS Name	Microsoft Windows 8 Pro with Media Center
Version	6.2.9200 Build 9200
Other OS Description 	Not Available
OS Manufacturer	Microsoft Corporation
System Name	ASHER-PC
System Manufacturer	Hewlett-Packard
System Model	h8-1540t
System Type	x64-based PC
System SKU	C9D52AV*ABA
Processor	Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date	AMI 8.07, 11/19/2012
SMBIOS Version	2.7
Embedded Controller Version	255.255
BIOS Mode	UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer	PEGATRON CORPORATION
BaseBoard Model	Not Available
BaseBoard Name	Base Board
Platform Role	Desktop
Secure Boot State	On
PCR7 Configuration	Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory	C:\windows
System Directory	C:\windows\system32
Boot Device	\Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale	United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer	Version = "6.2.9200.16420"
User Name	ASHER-PC\William
Time Zone	Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)	12.0 GB
Total Physical Memory	11.9 GB
Available Physical Memory	7.98 GB
Total Virtual Memory	13.6 GB
Available Virtual Memory	8.92 GB
Page File Space	1.69 GB
Page File	C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions	Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions	Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware	No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection	Yes
Code:
Drive	F:
Description	CD-ROM Drive
Media Loaded	Yes
Media Type	DVD Writer
Name	hp BD  E  DH12E3SHB
Manufacturer	(Standard CD-ROM drives)
Status	OK
Transfer Rate	-1.00 kbytes/sec
SCSI Target ID	0
PNP Device ID	SCSI\CDROM&VEN_HP&PROD_BD__E__DH12E3SHB\4&8B5FB4C&0&020000
Driver	c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (6.2.9200.16384, 170.00 KB (174,080 bytes), 7/25/2012 10:26 PM)

Drive	G:
Description	CD-ROM Drive
Media Loaded	No
Media Type	DVD Writer
Name	hp DVD A  DH16ACSHR
Manufacturer	(Standard CD-ROM drives)
Status	OK
Transfer Rate	-1.00 kbytes/sec
SCSI Target ID	0
PNP Device ID	SCSI\CDROM&VEN_HP&PROD_DVD_A__DH16ACSHR\4&8B5FB4C&0&030000
Driver	c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (6.2.9200.16384, 170.00 KB (174,080 bytes), 7/25/2012 10:26 PM)