title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Yet another multiple CD question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wla2000
    • May 2013

Yet another multiple CD question

I downloaded the trail dBpoweramp software today and loaded it on my HP Envy Windows 8 desktop computer with two drives - a Blu-Ray reader and a DVD burner. Both are capable of reading and writing CDs.

My object in ordering this new computer was to be able to rip two CDs at once. I found out that the software I was using (Express Rip) could only run one instance, and therefore could only see one drive at once. I tried WinAmp, which can run multiple instances, but froze up when I tried to rip a second CD. So now I'm trying dBpoweramp, and if it works out I will gladly pay for the upgrade.

There are dozens of threads in the forum on multiple CD burning, and I've looked through many of them, but can't fine one that seems to match my issue. Some are very old, and the answer was "this is not supported yet".

When I run dbPoweramp, I load two instances of it, and point one to my F: drive and one to my G: drive. I configure the output folder location and the output file name format (as [album]\[album artist] - [album] - [track]). I am using the mp3 format. I start up one of the rip instances and it goes fine. Then I start the other instance, and it goes fine too. That's great!

When one of the instances finishes ripping (the second one actually...), the disk ejects. That's good.

But the other disk never ejects - even if I push the button on the cd drive, or click the "eject" button in the software. It won't eject until I close down dBpoweramp.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Do you need more information to help me resolve this?

Here is my system information, if that helps:

Code:
    OS Name	Microsoft Windows 8 Pro with Media Center
    Version	6.2.9200 Build 9200
    Other OS Description 	Not Available
    OS Manufacturer	Microsoft Corporation
    System Name	ASHER-PC
    System Manufacturer	Hewlett-Packard
    System Model	h8-1540t
    System Type	x64-based PC
    System SKU	C9D52AV*ABA
    Processor	Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date	AMI 8.07, 11/19/2012
    SMBIOS Version	2.7
    Embedded Controller Version	255.255
    BIOS Mode	UEFI
    BaseBoard Manufacturer	PEGATRON CORPORATION
    BaseBoard Model	Not Available
    BaseBoard Name	Base Board
    Platform Role	Desktop
    Secure Boot State	On
    PCR7 Configuration	Binding Not Possible
    Windows Directory	C:\windows
    System Directory	C:\windows\system32
    Boot Device	\Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale	United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer	Version = "6.2.9200.16420"
    User Name	ASHER-PC\William
    Time Zone	Eastern Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM)	12.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory	11.9 GB
    Available Physical Memory	7.98 GB
    Total Virtual Memory	13.6 GB
    Available Virtual Memory	8.92 GB
    Page File Space	1.69 GB
    Page File	C:\pagefile.sys
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions	Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions	Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware	No
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection	Yes
    Code:
    Drive	F:
    Description	CD-ROM Drive
    Media Loaded	Yes
    Media Type	DVD Writer
    Name	hp BD  E  DH12E3SHB
    Manufacturer	(Standard CD-ROM drives)
    Status	OK
    Transfer Rate	-1.00 kbytes/sec
    SCSI Target ID	0
    PNP Device ID	SCSI\CDROM&VEN_HP&PROD_BD__E__DH12E3SHB\4&8B5FB4C&0&020000
    Driver	c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (6.2.9200.16384, 170.00 KB (174,080 bytes), 7/25/2012 10:26 PM)

Drive	G:
    Description	CD-ROM Drive
    Media Loaded	No
    Media Type	DVD Writer
    Name	hp DVD A  DH16ACSHR
    Manufacturer	(Standard CD-ROM drives)
    Status	OK
    Transfer Rate	-1.00 kbytes/sec
    SCSI Target ID	0
    PNP Device ID	SCSI\CDROM&VEN_HP&PROD_DVD_A__DH16ACSHR\4&8B5FB4C&0&030000
    Driver	c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (6.2.9200.16384, 170.00 KB (174,080 bytes), 7/25/2012 10:26 PM)
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Yet another multiple CD question

I have never heard of dBpoweramp stopping the drive ejecting (even with drive button) until program exit (not in 15 years...), very strange. I know some programs, such as EAC lock the drive so the eject button does not work, dBpoweramp has never done this.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wla2000
      • May 2013

Believe it or not, it's happening. Here is what the screen looks like: https://www.box.com/s/drpybadefyuvteef5t87. The top instance is focused on drive F:, and the bottom one on drive G:. They are both prompting to insert an audio CD into G:. CDs are already in both. If I press eject on G:, that works fine, but if I press eject on F:, nothing happens.

Now I'm also getting an error while trying to eject F: after I close dBpoweramp (using the right-click context menu on the F: drive in Windows Explorer): "An error occurred while ejected 'BD-ROM Drive (F Audio CD". Presumably re-booting will fix that.

I know you're not doubting that this is happening (why would I make this up?), but I'd really like for my second CD drive not to go waste! And I'd love to support your efforts by paying for the program!

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is likely a fault with the cd drive (the internal software on it).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wla2000
          • May 2013

I don't know what happened, but this suddenly started working. I can rip two CDs simultaneously, and they both eject when done, and then the disc drives accept new discs. I suppose they compete with each other for system resources and don't quite go twice as fast as a single disc drive would go, but it's a lot more convenient. I will be purchasing a license imminently. Thanks!

Comment

Working...

]]>