title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: RipNas Essentials causing SqueezeBox to crash during DSP "update SqueezeCenter"

RipNas Essentials causing SqueezeBox to crash during DSP "update SqueezeCenter"

Hi Spoon:

I use your RipNas Essentials to rip my CD's for storage on my WHS. For streaming, I use SqueezeBoxes running on the Logitech Media Server Software. The software for both RipNas Essentials and the Logitech Media Server software are installed as add-ins on my WHS (an HP EX 485). RipNas is configured to "update SqueezeCenter" after ripping (i.e., when RipNas rips a disc, it triggers the Logitech software to add the rip to the media library). Lately, the "update" process causes my Squeezeboxes to crash, by which I mean that if I happen to be listening to music while I'm ripping, the music will stop and the software becomes fairly unresponsive. Any thoughts on how to fix?

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: RipNas Essentials causing SqueezeBox to crash during DSP "update SqueezeCenter"

It is likely the fault is in Squeeze Center, we created this DSP effect and it was well tested with the latest version of Squeeze Center (at the time), there have perhaps been updates since then. I would recommend removing that DSP effect and triggering the squeeze center update through squeeze center its self (manually).

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: RipNas Essentials causing SqueezeBox to crash during DSP "update SqueezeCenter"

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is likely the fault is in Squeeze Center, we created this DSP effect and it was well tested with the latest version of Squeeze Center (at the time), there have perhaps been updates since then. I would recommend removing that DSP effect and triggering the squeeze center update through squeeze center its self (manually).
    agree. there have been many updates (in fact SqueezeCenter is now Logitech Media Server (LMS)). And in recent updates, the WHS special version of SC (then sbs then LMS) has gone away and for certain versions of WHS (2011???) one must use the regular windows install of LMS. There are some threads on this at forums.slimdevices.com