title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: AIFF files and date issue

AIFF files and date issue

I have ripped thousands of CD's over the past 4 years to AIFF files. Under the date tab I always include the month and day along with the year of a recordings release.

Today I discovered that now only the year is being retained in the metadata. I tried to re-rip the disc and also to edit the metadata within dbPoweramp with no success.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

Re: AIFF files and date issue

The issue seems to have started when I upgraded to 14.4.

Is there a way I can roll back to 14.3 (or 14.2)?

I was able to install my old copy of 14.2 that I found. I still have the same problem. This is bizarre. Now I'm wondering if there is an issue with my PC.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by theanswer337 View Post
    I was able to install my old copy of 14.2 that I found. I still have the same problem. This is bizarre. Now I'm wondering if there is an issue with my PC.
    there's a setting that says to save only year, even when month entered. have you accidentally set that????? It's under Ripper > OPTIONS > Metadata and ID tag options, scroll down and look at the "force no date on year" option and make sure it is not ticked.
    Last edited by garym; 05-02-2013 at 01:57 PM.

I believe everything was set correctly. When I converted a file to Apple Lossless everything was fine.

I ended up doing a complete uninstall and reinstalling 14.2. Everything works fine now.

dBpoweramp Guru

What was reading the aiff files? iTunes?