title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Halfway through catalogue rip- Do I switch to EBU r128?

Halfway through catalogue rip- Do I switch to EBU r128?

Hello,

I am about halfway through ripping my cd collection. I went on hiatus a while ago, and now that I've re-installed dBpoweramp, I see there is a new form of replaygain calculation: EBU R128. The ripper set-up guide has been changed to reflect a preference for EBU R128, but half my collection has been calculated using the older methodology. How should I proceed?

Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Halfway through catalogue rip- Do I switch to EBU r128?

Quote Originally Posted by nihm View Post
    Hello,

I am about halfway through ripping my cd collection. I went on hiatus a while ago, and now that I've re-installed dBpoweramp, I see there is a new form of replaygain calculation: EBU R128. The ripper set-up guide has been changed to reflect a preference for EBU R128, but half my collection has been calculated using the older methodology. How should I proceed?

Thanks.
    1. redo the previous rips (just redo the RG with convert to RG utility Codec, not rerip)
    2. just use LUFS of -18 (in RG settings) on the new rips (this will approximate the old RG algorithm of the old rips....and this is also how foobar2000 implement RG with EBU R128)

I did *2.