title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4 and multi-value tags

dBpoweramp Guru

ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4 and multi-value tags

I currently convert mp3 files using ID3v2.3. If I change to ID3v2.4, can I expect any changes to the handling of multi-value tags? I suspect there are differences.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4 and multi-value tags

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    I currently convert mp3 files using ID3v2.3. If I change to ID3v2.4, can I expect any changes to the handling of multi-value tags? I suspect there are differences.
    OK, I'll re-phrase the question.

Are you writing mp3 tags using ID3v2.3 or ID3v2.4 and do they behave differently in dBpoweramp?

Administrator

They are written differently yes, both correct to the spec. (2.4 is better for multi values as it stops the AC/DC issue).

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    They are written differently yes, both correct to the spec. (2.4 is better for multi values as it stops the AC/DC issue).
    Thanks for the response. My issue is that iTunes does not support multi values and I like the way dBpoweramp writes ID3v2.3 tags with multi-values to a single tag

e.g. if Composer contains John Lennon; Paul McCartney then iTunes Composer shows John Lennon/Paul McCartney

So, to confirm, if I switch to ID3v2.4, I will get true multi-value tags and lose the John Lennon/Paul McCartney workaround?

Administrator

iTunes does not support multi anything with any format as far as I know.