title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting wav tags to id-3???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • john.rob
    • May 2008

Converting wav tags to id-3???

I am not sure if this question got posted. If it did, sorry about the repeat.

I have about 30K wav files that have been tagged with dbpoweramp. I am in the process of purchasing a new NAS system and have found several that "support wav files" but do not read wav tags. The tech support folks (at the manufacturers) suggest I convert to flac, mp-e, or apple loss-less. None of which are my first (or nearly first) choice.

Is there a way of converting the wav tags to a id-3 tag format (or transferring the information so that it can be read that way)? Ideally, this would be possible in a batch format.

Are there any NAS servers that can read wav files (and tags)?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Converting wav tags to id-3???

Asset UPnP will read ID Tags from Wave, but it will not run on your NAS (it will run on a computer connected to the NAS). There is not a way to get other NAS to read tags from wave, the only way is to convert to FLAC (dBpoweramp will preserve the tags).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• heyyeh
      • May 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      Asset UPnP will read ID Tags from Wave, but it will not run on your NAS (it will run on a computer connected to the NAS). There is not a way to get other NAS to read tags from wave, the only way is to convert to FLAC (dBpoweramp will preserve the tags).

My first post - Thank you for any advice & help.
      Following on this thread, I am planning to convert my WAV music files to FLAC. I have approx. 1000 cd albums all in WAV format.

I have tried a batch conversion with a sample selection with dbpoweramp and it all appears to work fine.
      But no album art is converted or tagged - this is what I would like to achieve.

In my WAV files, the music files are structured as ARTIST/ALBUM/Track No. - Title. In each album folder is a jpg of the album art.

I would like to know if it is possible to also tag the FLAC files with album art at the same time when doing the batch conversion from WAV to FLAC with dbpoweramp.

Thanks for any advice on this.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Use the DSP effect 'ID Tag Processing' on this is an option to import folder.jpg during conversion.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• heyyeh
          • May 2013

Use the DSP effect 'ID Tag Processing' on this is an option to import folder.jpg during conversion.
          Thanks. I will try this.
          On the other hand, I just read in another thread about using PerfectTUNES to add missing Album art to a music library.
          What would be easier/better to do? Using ID Tag Processing while doing WAV to FLAC conversion, or do batch conversion and then apply PerfectTUNES to the FLAC library after the conversion?

Thanks for advice.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If you have the art already in the files you should preserve it during conversion.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• heyyeh
              • May 2013

If you have the art already in the files you should preserve it during conversion.
              Spoon, thanks for the guidance. Tested and converts properly.
              Very happy with efficient process.
              Thanks again.

Comment

Working...

]]>