title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dropped Metadata tags when Multi Encoding to FLAC and AAC

dropped Metadata tags when Multi Encoding to FLAC and AAC

In dbpa program all the Metadata is intact, but upon ripping, some tags are randomly lost when encoding to AAC. I am using the Multi Encoder codec to encode simultaneously to FLAC and AAC (mp4) formats and think I have everything set up properly. The tags that are usually or have been dropped are: Artist, Title, Album, Track, Year, Genre, Album Artist, Artist Sort, Compilation, Composer, Disc, Encoder, Encoder Set, Label, Length, replaygain_t..., replay gain_t... whatever those 2 are), Source, Style, and Album Art. These tags are not always dropped, and not always dropped from the same track(s). Ultimately I want to be able to use the iTunes interface with the lossy versions, but this anomaly leads to these tracks without the same Metadata being grouped out of sequence, apart, which doesn't work for me.

I'm new to this, so I'm still trying to figure out how to make my way through all the settings. I'm sure there's something wrong with the way I configured the program, but really have no clue what. Does anybody have any suggestions? Could it be a resource issue with the hardware (it shouldn't be, the cpu is hardly stressed)? It seems like a software thing, but I really don't know where to start. I couldn't find any other info about this issue, but if there are other pertinent threads, please direct me to them..

I'd rather continue Multi Encoding if possible, but maybe I need to encode to FLAC and then transcode to AAC later.. Would this solve this problem? I'd rather avoid it if possible.

thanks

the FLAC copies retain all of the proper Metadata tags.

Administrator

Re: dropped Metadata tags when Multi Encoding to FLAC and AAC

Make sure you have the latest version of dBpoweramp (R14.4).

Re: dropped Metadata tags when Multi Encoding to FLAC and AAC

It's 14.4. Not sure why it happens occasionally/randomly.