title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problems installing a registered version of ASSET on my WHS 2011 server

Problems installing a registered version of ASSET on my WHS 2011 server

It used to work till the primary hard disk of my WHS 2011 server crashed and I had to re install everything from scratch. During that process I installed a trial version of Asset and now I am trying to install a registered version from my main PC.

Somewhere it showed a message that I had to uninstall the trial version first, so I did.
    Then I downloaded AssetUPnP-WHS2011-reg.wssx and tried to run it.

It showed a popup message stating "the add-in is already installed on the server and on pc's in the network".
    I cleared everything Asset I could find from the server and tried again. Same message.
    I did try to install the windows 7 version but that did not work, so un-installed it and removed all traces (also in the registry)

What do I need to do to get a registered version of Asset installed and working?

Administrator

Re: Problems installing a registered version of ASSET on my WHS 2011 server

You have to uninstall through the WHS Dashboard, not the control panel (through remote desktop), otherwise you leave parts in the system. You did this?

Try Remote desktop and see if anything is left in the control panel - programs and features.

Re: Problems installing a registered version of ASSET on my WHS 2011 server

Thank you Spoon for this very fast and help full reply.
    I previously removed it with the control panel.
    Your advise solved my installation issues.