title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unable to Burn Audio Cd's

Unable to Burn Audio Cd's

Hi Guys
    I have had a look through the forums over this matter. Basically, I get the error message which hopefully will show in this copied link. Copied from a previous Forum query, which in fairness did not provide me with an answer.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5...2021213495.jpg

(If this link doesn't work, it is basically the message suggesting that a slower speed is selected, despite a slower one not being available).

Two or three attempts to copy a CD. From a ripped copy on my nas drive, and also from the original cd.
    Eventually an old version of Winamp came to my rescue. Not before a few coasters had been made.
    Thanks!

Administrator

Re: Unable to Burn Audio Cd's

CD Writer does not work with certain modern drives to well, hence why it has been unsupported for the last 2 years.

Thanks for that Spoon.
    I haven't checked on here for a response for quite an age, having discovered that Winamp will burn discs for me.
    Interesting point you make re the drive problem, as I don't honestly know if I have ever successfully used dbpoweramp for burning. Certainly had the same burner drive for eight or more years!

I was referred to dBpoweramp because I had a program which allowed me to burn CDs but not rip. I used the free copy for a while, and finally upgraded to registered copy. Ripping is fine. Haven't done convert with registered copy (.wav to .mp3), but converting from say .wma to .wav worked fine with the free copy. However I was befuddled to discover that in what otherwise seems like a fine program, that the CD writer never worked in the free copy, and does not work in the paid copy, and I got the same dumb-ass "try slower write Speed" error message. I finally gave up the ghost and uninstalled the CD Writer as it is totally useless and inoperable. Quite pleased with the ripper though.

I am frankly dumbfounded to discover that this program a full two years since this above UNABLE TO BURN AUDIO CDs message is still inoperative, and that this "Forum" is what passes for "customer support." Fortunately my needs are fairly simple--ripping and converting--otherwise I would be quite peeved at dBpoweramp.

I can "burn" my compilation CDs on Roxio, so no big deal, still, quite chuffed to discover that CD Writer has been unsupported for the last two years. Good show, mates!

:(

Administrator

>CD writer never worked in the free copy, and does not work in the paid copy,

There is no such thing as a paid copy of CD Writer, it is free for all who have dbpoweramp installed (free or paid).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    >CD writer never worked in the free copy, and does not work in the paid copy,

There is no such thing as a paid copy of CD Writer, it is free for all who have dbpoweramp installed (free or paid).
    I came here looking for direction to the dBp CD writer/burner (which I can't find on my dBp version R14) and came upon these comments. Yet another terse and irrelevant response to some reasonable irritation. I'm sure Chipstern is gratified to know that, paid for or not, two years have gone by without the issue being resolved and his implied question remains unanswered. Or has it? Maybe it has been removed entirely in version R14 - can you tell a thicko how to find it please (and will it work with my "Slimtype - DVD A DS8A8SH installed in a Samsung RS511 bought a year ago?) All I can find is the ripper and converter.

I don't expect to be Spoon fed and I realise that being a bit lippy isn't the best way to get a question answered but hope someone will still help.

Thanks in advance.

Administrator

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/cdwriter.htm

The reason we cannot fix it...CD Writer uses a bought in component from a company who have not traded for a good 8 years.

OK, more trouble than it's worth I suppose - abandon it and start again?

I've now found a few more references to "dCW R4" and it looks like it's a separate download. Is it? And what is "CD Writer Access" Service" please? Is there anything else that is part of dBpoweramp but downloaded separately? Isn't there anywhere that summarises all aspects of dBpoweramp - I think such a guide would save a lot of time-consuming enquiries from new users like myself.

Back to the main point - as you might guess, I don't know much about any of this, is it easier to just use Windows Media Player to burn CDs from the flac files I create with dBp? Hope you can help, 'Yes' and 'No' answers will do if it saves time.

Administrator

dCW R4 is on the page in my previous post, it is CD Writer R4.

CD Writer Access is needed only if the account is a limited user account, it allows CD Writer to access the drive.

I was using "dCW R4" as a bit of shorthand, I knew it was the same thing. Previous links I'd noted didn't take me to a download (hence the continued confusion - 'What and where is it?'). Your link worked and provided an overview.

Thanks, it has recognised my Samsung RS511's drive. I'll give it a try soon.