title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: My RipNAS is Full

My RipNAS is Full

My 2 x 500 MB hard drives are now full. In fact I've had to de-duplicate my music for additional space, but I still need more.

I see that it can be upgraded to 2 x 2 TB with software upgrades included for €495 if I send it to RipNAS, Austria. I'm in UK - can it be done here?

If I do this upgrade, what functions does the included remote control provide?

It would appear from reading the RipNAS site that latest versions can act as servers directly to a USB DAC. If so, this would be great as I need to upgrade from my Sonos - it's the weakest link in my equipment chain. If direct connection to a USB DAC is possible, that would probably explain the remote control, but what's the sound quality like, and what's the user interface like? I like the Sonos interface - far, FAR superior to Linn or Naim for example - but how about RipNAS's own? Can the Folder structure of music stored on it be accessed?

Also, can I simply add USB hard drives to RipNAS to increase capacity? It doesn't seem to work by just plugging in.

Are the matching add-on boxes still available? When I bought my unit, I read that up to 2 additional boxes could be added, making a total of 7 TB (if I remember correctly). These are not on RipNAS site.

So many questions, but answers, opinions or other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Peter

Administrator

Re: My RipNAS is Full

We can only answer questions relating to the ripping or Asset software on a ripnas, not the current designs (which we are no longer involved with). If you contact HFX they should be able to answer your questions.

Thanks - I hadn't realised that.

Peter

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Where is this 2 x 2TB upgrade for RipNAS advertised? I can't find it on the HFX web site.