title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Album art looks rubbish in Kinsky Desktop

Album art looks rubbish in Kinsky Desktop

Hi,

Started a new thread for this…

I'm using Asset 4.1 on XP with Kinsky (both Mac and Windows) as my preferred CP.

In the top left corner of Kinsky there's a thumbnail of the track currently playing (which can also be enlarged). Here every album cover looks just fine. In the main window though every cover look like an upsampled really small picture (jagged edges, blurry etc). The original file is about 600-800 px.

Here's the funny thing:
    1: The art looks good using other control points (Chorus, PlugPlayer etc)
    2: but, other UPNP servers work well with Kinsky with the same files, i e now all art looks great

Is it Asset, is it Kinsky or is it just me...?

Any help is highly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Thomas

Administrator

Re: Album art looks rubbish in Kinsky Desktop

There is an option in Asset to set the art size, to something low like 150x150, make sure you do not have this enabled.

Sorry, but I tried that. It's set to leave art as it is, and changing settings made no difference. It's the same on both Mac and Win versions of Kinsky. I'll post on the Linn forum as well.
    When adding files to the database, does Asset also make thumbnail versions when adding the fullsize image?

Administrator

No Asset only stores the full size, if other CPs show full size art, it does seem an issue in Kinsky.

Hi Spoon,
    I tested a bunch on Kinsky versions - downgrading as low as possible. It seems the problem first occurred in Kinsky version 4.3.1 (and still there in all versions after). All 4.2.x work OK.
    I'll raise this with Linn.

Thanks for your input!
    Cheers,
    Thomas