title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Sample Offset, Accurate Rip problem

Sample Offset, Accurate Rip problem

I have used DBPoweramp for several years on a Windows Vista system to build a music server and love the program. I have a few thousand CD's that I've ripped and have gotten great results with DBPoweramp (and have become quite comfortable with using it!!.

I recently upgraded to the Family pack to load it on a couple other of my computers, and I'm also trying to help a friend get his software set up.

We are trying to set up DBPoweramp on Window 8 Laptops (his is a Lenovo and mine is an ASUS), both with internal CD drives.

The software installs fine and generally behaves as I expect. However, the software never tries to set the Sample Offset, and Accurate Rip does not work. (I seem to recall that the Sample Offset happened rather automatically when I first started the software and installed a disc).

Also, I noticed that the option to 'Prevent auto-run on all CD drives' is missing from the bottom of the Options menu on both of our machines.

Can you please offer any suggestions? Is this a Win 8 problem?

Thanks so much.

Bill

Re: Sample Offset, Accurate Rip problem

ok. got it solved. Hadn't checked the CD drive cache, then had to find an appropriate 'key disc'. Diana Krall didn't seem to work, but Metallica Master of Puppets kicked it off fine. I must have just been blissfully lucky to find appropriate key discs in the past.

Problem solved.