title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How much does all of this stuff cost?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaBoogieMan
    • Sep 2003

Re: How much does all of this stuff cost?

Originally posted by Spoon
    Often what determines which format will be used is what supports it, rather than the quality.

I have a mix of stuff, 80% is in Monkeys Lossless, 15% is old mp3 I havn't got around to reencoding (I have a pile of CDs on my Desk that is 4 foot tall!) and the rest is either ogg or mp4.

Hope Everyone had a good weekend. This is the DaBoogieMan. Boy, the further I go with this dbAMP setup the more confused I get. For a person that supposted to have an engineering degree, I am about as stupid and confused as I can get. I know you guys will probably get a big kick out of this, but this is the first player/encoder/recorder/everything, that has so many pieces to the thing. I tried just to play a music CD today, and what started the confusion was that I had downloaded about five skins. Well, changing from one to the other also changed the way the thing operated. In other words one of the sking had a split adjusting knob on the equalizer. I don't understand that at all. I think my problem is I am totally brain dead. Back in 1995, while I was still working for the DOD, I had a breakdown. So people call it a mental breakdown, or a nervous breakdown. I couldn't really tell you because I do not remember anything that happened that day. The women in the office only said they took me home. I had been fighting depression since about 1984 or so, but it was not anything to bad. I would come out of it. However, the requency of the depression kept getting worse. I did not want to go to a shrink because I had a Top Secret SI Clearance and if they found out I was seeing a shrink, I would lose my security clearance. So, to make a real long story short. I have been to four different doctors, taken at one time or the other almost every anti-depressant known to man,and also every anti-anxiety medication. That was eight years ago,and all I am doing is treading water. I don't enjoy anything any of my hobbies anymore, it just hell (excuse my language). So, I'll try and do the best I can with this dbAMP. Maybe I'll get it figured out.
    I did not mean to start talking about my problem, but I need to do something. My neighbor, one street over, shoot himself in his front yard on Sunday. He and I used to talk about this depression thing and I guess he couldn't deal with it anymore. Well guys, I apologize for casting such a dark cloud over you all's conversation.
    You guy hang in there,

DaBoogieMan :(

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

hi DaBoogieMan, hang in there as all is not lost. it sounds like you have been through the wringer.

first things first though. just tell us the name of the skin you are using so we can can identify with it first. i think the "split adjusting knob on the equalizer" as you put it might be the volume boost. some skins have it in the centre and others on the side. although it should say "boost" under that slider.

but best to let us know which skin it is first.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

As Razgo has said, keep in there - as someone once said 'life is painful, death is painless'. I am not to best guy to speak to, perhaps one of the worst, but for me I find helping others even in small ways helps me keep on track.

Now to help you you can easily select which ever skin you want, initially stay with the Defualt Skin as all the help files were written around it. To change a skin select:

Start >> Programs >> dBpowerAMP >> Options Menu

Select Skins, select 'Default' and click 'Switch To'. You might also want to make sure the Skin randomizer is set to 'Never' (to the right of the 'Switch To' button).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DaBoogieMan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Spoon
          As Razgo has said, keep in there - as someone once said 'life is painful, death is painless'. I am not to best guy to speak to, perhaps one of the worst, but for me I find helping others even in small ways helps me keep on track.

Now to help you you can easily select which ever skin you want, initially stay with the Defualt Skin as all the help files were written around it. To change a skin select:

Start >> Programs >> dBpowerAMP >> Options Menu

Select Skins, select 'Default' and click 'Switch To'. You might also want to make sure the Skin randomizer is set to 'Never' (to the right of the 'Switch To' button).

Hi Guys,
          I did not mean to get on that depression subject, but I can't help it some times. What gets to me the most is that now I just can't do everything I used to. If I say so myself, at one time I was a good electronic engineer. NOw my memory is not so good because I went through these shock treatments they said were effective in 95% of the people with cronic anxiety and depression. Well, guees who's in the 5% catagory. All the shock treatments did was completely wipe out my short term memory and some of my long term memory. Most of it came back, but it toke a long time. I felt like I just had a stroke because even my speech was slurred.
          Anyway, I believe the skin I was refering to was the 'Pioneer' skin. On the equalizer, each slider was two pieces. I did not read enough, I guess to understand why they were split like that. I think I will do like you said and try and start out simple with the default skin, and just try and play a CD before Iget into the encoding or ripping. I really do appreciate all of you guys giving me all this help. I am sorry I am such a pain. That's one other thing that gets me depressed, and that's when I can't do something and I can't figure out why something isn't working. The main heart of my frustration is this Windows XP Home Edition I am using. Most people really like it, but I could writhe a book on the XP I have. I'm not going to get into which OS is best thing again. I am just relating MY observations of the Win XP I have.

Thanks so much again, you guys are the best,
          Hang in their, and have a good week,

DaBoogieMan :smile2: :p

Comment

• Razgo
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

i think i know what you mean now. the dap n log skin : dap n log had split buttons for it's EQ. the purpose was for it to be used as a 20 band EQ without having to make a larger screen to accomadate each slider. so they were split.

as far as trying to work things out with dbpoweramp and all it's feature's , i wouldn't worry too much as i have been using it now for a few years and still only know half of what it does. it was years before i realized all these extra colums were in MMC, and all i had to do was move the horizontal slider to see them :D

Comment

Working...

]]>