title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Help needed with settings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gksmiler
    • Mar 2013

Help needed with settings

The audio system in my car will play MP3 & WMA files on a USB stick. However, I am having great difficulty matching the specific coding requirements of the audio system with the best options in dBpoweramp. I can get files that start to play on the system but after a few seconds they fail one way or another. In the past, however, I have had success, I just can’t replicate it now.

The audio system manual says:

The system can play MP3/WMA files within the following range.
    MPEG 1/2/2.5 LAYER 2/3
    WMA VERSION 7/8/9 (Except Pro & Voice)
    Sampling Frequency
    -MPEG1: 32/44.1/48 KHz
    -MPEG2: 16/22.05/24 KHz
    -MPEG2.5: 8/11.025/12 KHz
    -WMA: 22/32/44/48 KHz
    Sampling Bit Rate
    -MP3/WMA: 32 ~ 320 Kbps & VBR.

I am using Release 14.3 with Codecs MP3 (Lame) Release 14.3 Lame 3.99.5 and windows Media Audio 10 Release 7 (WMA Pro 10).

I would be very grateful if someone could suggest the best settings for me to use in dBpoweramp which will give me playable files that are of decent quality.

Many thanks
  • Porcus
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2007

Re: Help needed with settings

Hunch: your car stereo has a pretty old mp3 decoder that only handles constant bitrate? Try to encode with CBR options.

(If you got a success with that: It is actually possible to re-pack VBR mp3's as CBR without transcoding (and the other way around too). You can find mp3packer and the Winmp3packer front-end over at hydrogenaudio.org.)

Comment

Working...

]]>